Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed a win and we got it.Sunderland were dispatched with ease so no complaints from my end.Hopefully the performances and results will keep on picking up from now on.We needed to see a reaction from Everton tonight and we got it.Im not ready to give up on Koeman just yet!Hopefully we'll drive it on now from here on in.Tonight was a good night though.We badly needed that.

We could have Roberto'd and lost 2-0. But we didnt.

Look, the reality that some people dont get is a good manager is not determined by a stretch of 5-6 games. A good manager is not defined by the first strategy they put out. As with ANYTHING in life, and football is no exception, success is not based on how you start, but how you finish. The difference between a flash in the pan, and a manager who goes on to true greatness is not getting it right the first time, its the smarts to realize when something isnt working, the humility and honesty to change it, and the courage to try again anew.

The reason Roberto Martinez failed wasnt because he didnt have any good ideas. It was because he had 1 good idea, and it worked for a little while, but he didnt have the humility and honesty to change, and the courage to try again and face criticism. He was so stubborn that he dug his own grave. Koeman's success will have NOTHING to do with this past months failures, if he is to succeed he will have to fail 100 times. He just has to show he is willing to admit when something doesnt work, change it, try it, and if that doesnt work try the next. I dont know how it will play out, but what I see so far says he will.

Its a giant myth that there are just geniuses out there who wake up knowing how to do things. We just think that because we only notice them when they have the finished product after not having it for the previous 10-20 years. Look at how many people called for Seamus Coleman to never play another game after some of his early performances.

We could have Roberto'd and lost 2-0. But we didnt.

Look, the reality that some people dont get is a good manager is not determined by a stretch of 5-6 games. A good manager is not defined by the first strategy they put out. As with ANYTHING in life, and football is no exception, success is not based on how you start, but how you finish. The difference between a flash in the pan, and a manager who goes on to true greatness is not getting it right the first time, its the smarts to realize when something isnt working, the humility and honesty to change it, and the courage to try again anew.

The reason Roberto Martinez failed wasnt because he didnt have any good ideas. It was because he had 1 good idea, and it worked for a little while, but he didnt have the humility and honesty to change, and the courage to try again and face criticism. He was so stubborn that he dug his own grave. Koeman's success will have NOTHING to do with this past months failures, if he is to succeed he will have to fail 100 times. He just has to show he is willing to admit when something doesnt work, change it, try it, and if that doesnt work try the next. I dont know how it will play out, but what I see so far says he will.

Its a giant myth that there are just geniuses out there who wake up knowing how to do things. We just think that because we only notice them when they have the finished product after not having it for the previous 10-20 years. Look at how many people called for Seamus Coleman to never play another game after some of his early performances.

What madness is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.