Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple truth and one which seems to go right over the heads of some of our friends on here.

It would seem so, I'm sure none of us expect to win every game, just as I'm sure every single one of us would expect some pride, fight and some shots on goal, it's fine to hold the manager accountable after these performances. Increasingly worried about hardly shooting.

Honestly mate, if he left tomorrow i wouldn't be arsed.

Buys a 45m set piece expert, pretty sure today i saw at least 3 separate people taking them whilst he was on the pitch, Rooney and Davies at least taking corners...

Practising corners would also be ultimately pointless mate if we are allowing Rooney and Davies or Baines etc to take them and in a team with basically one aerial threat in Keane

An absolutely bizarre buying policy in the summer, which saw us overload in certain positions - and at such fees/reputations that we have to try fit them all in the side.

Much was said about how imbalanced a squad koeman inherited, he's spent close to 300m on the team now, and yeah we are no longer imbalanced in the same way or positions, just different ones. And arguably ones with more of an impact.

Pickford so far this season and especially today must think he's still at Sunderland with the way he's being peppered.

Martinez took on a solid defensive team and after a first season which he benefited from a well drilled defence he regressed it massively and the wheels fell off, Kidman inherited a team in its arse sick of the old approach, motivated them and got his attacking players to show their earlier form, and tightened up at the back. But now it's effectively his team we are seeing the huge flaws he has. Yeah against 13-14 teams we will look solid at the back, against the best however our lack of attacking threat means that we will just get pinned back and hammered.

Who on earth builds a team with the idea of a high press, and has a back 4 with one player who can play it effectively, who sits deep away against a lot of teams yet has zero pace in the team, Who brings in players who are very dependant on a certain type of striker, yet fail to bring in that type after spending this much money. It's absolutely baffling and very concerning.

As for playing the younger players, dcl has started one game up front, also his best performance by a mile, Kenny is in niasse land atm , Davies back to sub in games already lost, lookman out the squad...

Koeman was hired on his name and profile rather than his ability, same could be said about signing Rooney, who frankly today was absolutely shockingly bad, and how he stayed in is a mystery.

We won't change manager unless things go abysmally bad though, too much money spent, and ultimately we will beat the dross and get the points that way. Despite what looks like a season of absolute boring at best footy ahead.
If anything ill be happy if he left tomorrow.

But just think about why it's happening. Yeah, it's frustrating as hell but I can't believe there were actually people going into this season that honestly didn't think it'd take time for us to adapt.

I agree, I do expect a period of adaption but that does not excuse not having any shots at goal and looking like a non league side who have just met each other.

4 games into his 2nd season?

You might be those who believe Everton can get Mourinho or Conte as managers.
Now now mate. If it was crap under the last fella I said it, this is the same, the fat bloater best shape up or ship out. I hate Everton losing and not playing well. He got wrong today as he did V Chelsea. We look awful absolutely awful, painfully awful, do you know what I mean? Really really awful.

But just think about why it's happening. Yeah, it's frustrating as hell but I can't believe there were actually people going into this season that honestly didn't think it'd take time for us to adapt.
The time thing doesnt really apply here, except if you mean about 17 years. I would ask where is the potential for the team to improve to the standard we want (with the exception of a couple)

Now now mate. If it was crap under the last fella I said it, this is the same, the fat bloater best shape up or ship out. I hate Everton losing and not playing well. He got wrong today as he did V Chelsea. We look awful absolutely awful, painfully awful, do you know what I mean? Really really awful.

I hear ya, bro :(

Honestly mate, if he left tomorrow i wouldn't be arsed.

Buys a 45m set piece expert, pretty sure today i saw at least 3 separate people taking them whilst he was on the pitch, Rooney and Davies at least taking corners...

Practising corners would also be ultimately pointless mate if we are allowing Rooney and Davies or Baines etc to take them and in a team with basically one aerial threat in Keane

An absolutely bizarre buying policy in the summer, which saw us overload in certain positions - and at such fees/reputations that we have to try fit them all in the side.

Much was said about how imbalanced a squad koeman inherited, he's spent close to 300m on the team now, and yeah we are no longer imbalanced in the same way or positions, just different ones. And arguably ones with more of an impact.

Pickford so far this season and especially today must think he's still at Sunderland with the way he's being peppered.

Martinez took on a solid defensive team and after a first season which he benefited from a well drilled defence he regressed it massively and the wheels fell off, Kidman inherited a team in its arse sick of the old approach, motivated them and got his attacking players to show their earlier form, and tightened up at the back. But now it's effectively his team we are seeing the huge flaws he has. Yeah against 13-14 teams we will look solid at the back, against the best however our lack of attacking threat means that we will just get pinned back and hammered.

Who on earth builds a team with the idea of a high press, and has a back 4 with one player who can play it effectively, who sits deep away against a lot of teams yet has zero pace in the team, Who brings in players who are very dependant on a certain type of striker, yet fail to bring in that type after spending this much money. It's absolutely baffling and very concerning.

As for playing the younger players, dcl has started one game up front, also his best performance by a mile, Kenny is in niasse land atm , Davies back to sub in games already lost, lookman out the squad...

Koeman was hired on his name and profile rather than his ability, same could be said about signing Rooney, who frankly today was absolutely shockingly bad, and how he stayed in is a mystery.

We won't change manager unless things go abysmally bad though, too much money spent, and ultimately we will beat the dross and get the points that way. Despite what looks like a season of absolute boring at best footy ahead.

Excellent post, sums it up perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.