Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, to get someone of £50m quality, you will need to pay £50m.

It's also more than likely that those strikers of perceived £50m quality won't join Everton because we're not at the top table.

Matic went to United for £40m, "a bargain" was the collective opinion. Even had we been interested, Everton would not have been an option. Why?There is a tiered market;

• Global Mega Brands
  • Champions League Teams
  • Aspirational Champions League Teams
  • The rest

We are in the third tier. We may pick up the odd top tier player at the end of their career. Or the odd 2nd tier player may see some value in first team football, a decent wage and the Everton 'project'. Until we can make the step up; we're not buying from that marketplace. We'll have a look, maybe have a go; but it's always a long shot.

Get the best of the 3rd tier in, have a real good go at moving up a level - that's what we need to attempt. It opens the market up for us.

So - a new striker will be a prospect or acquired from a peer. We aren't going to replace Lukaku with 2017 Lukaku. We'll replace Lukaku an equivalent of the 2013 Lukaku we signed on loan from Chelsea and attempt to cover the shortfall of goals from our other signings.

Who? God knows.
Sorry I stopped reading there in case you got any more wrong.

Isn't it boss?

All the teams leaving it late to do business and read about it in the pressers/sports websites.

Then there is Everton, with no news at all 36 hours to go despite publically declaring we are after 2 players!

Did you hear that?????
It,s the sound of the GOT jailer jangling his dungeon keys as he makes his way to GOT dungeon to release DaveK

WINTER IS COMING FOR YOU ALL

Pity we didn't lock you up together. Although your collective drivel might have created a giant black hole, sucking away all light and life.

I really could see a Ross/Michi deal happening, even though Michi is not quite what we need at least he isn't Okaka

My opposition to Batshuayi is documented in previous pages.
He would come to us only under duress. Pretty much like Lukaku and if he did score goals we have Lukaku v.2

However, to get someone of £50m quality, you will need to pay £50m.

It's also more than likely that those strikers of perceived £50m quality won't join Everton because we're not at the top table.

Matic went to United for £40m, "a bargain" was the collective opinion. Even had we been interested, Everton would not have been an option. Why?There is a tiered market;

• Global Mega Brands
  • Champions League Teams
  • Aspirational Champions League Teams
  • The rest

We are in the third tier. We may pick up the odd top tier player at the end of their career. Or the odd 2nd tier player may see some value in first team football, a decent wage and the Everton 'project'. Until we can make the step up; we're not buying from that marketplace. We'll have a look, maybe have a go; but it's always a long shot.

Get the best of the 3rd tier in, have a real good go at moving up a level - that's what we need to attempt. It opens the market up for us.

So - a new striker will be a prospect or acquired from a peer. We aren't going to replace Lukaku with 2017 Lukaku. We'll replace Lukaku an equivalent of the 2013 Lukaku we signed on loan from Chelsea and attempt to cover the shortfall of goals from our other signings.

Who? God knows.
Realistic assessment of where we're at mate. Sad but true.

In our last season under Martinez we were in the 4th tier. We're only entering the 3rd tier now imo and I've no idea how long it will take us to get into tier 2. I think that's the problem we've had in attracting the striker we want, shopping outside our tier group. But that's exactly the type of striker we need to move through our tier group quickly.

My opposition to Batshuayi is documented in previous pages.
He would come to us only under duress. Pretty much like Lukaku and if he did score goals we have Lukaku v.2

Lukuka gave us several excellent seasons and we made a handsome profit. Unless we make strides forward as a club on and off the field we are not going to be an end destination club for top talent. However, I would rather us still sign players with the potential to reach that level then not because of the fear of losing them down the line

Sorry - "...or more than £50m"

My mistake.
Sorry I was a bit harsh there, I know what you're getting at.

I don't agree though, you can absolutely sign players for less than their quality suggests they are worth. If we sold Gueye now I would expect us to get £40m, Kante was signed for £5m and sold less than a year later for over £30m. They haven't improved beyond all recognition, they were just undervalued. If Sandro is only 'worth' £5m then we've made a big mistake signing him, because he won't be anywhere good enough for us. The idea is that he's actually worth much more than that, and we've just got a bargain because of his release clause.

Surely there are options in Europe for strikers instead of players in the prem, being linked with okaka and the likes surely a punt on a player abroad would be worth the risk than settling for players who we know are already limited in the prem? Thinking bas dost, bakambu etc

I am a little concerned with the style of team we are putting together. A static target man type added to what we already have is not what we need in my opinion. We are desperately lacking pace/movement

Status
Not open for further replies.