The striker debacle

Who are we getting in as Lukaku's replacement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just finished work and all during my night shift I have been trying to remember that striker we missed out on who then moved to Swansea and dropped down the leagues very fast. I was gutted we lost out on him.

Has there been any news on Dolberg joining any team ?

I've always been a firm believer that you need at least 3 good quality strikers.

Regardless of whether you play 1 or 2 up front. As we seen last season when we needed a goal bringing on Valencia was pivotal at times.

Now I'm not going to lose any sleep over not having 3 strikers. But... I think it's an absolute piss take that we've gone so long with mediocre 2nd or 3rd strikers or just non at all.

The club have known Lukaku wasn't going to sign a contract for months, he's been taking about his intentions when he was away with Belgium well over a year a go. It's great that's we've got Sandro in as he brings pace that we badly need, but a load of build up play is to a striker with his back to goal.

Can someone please explain what Steve Walsh has been doing exactly?

Sure we have Rooney but all it takes is for Sandro to take a few too many kicks and Rooney to pull a 31 year old hamstring and then it's DCL trying to fend for himself.

I wouldn't be bothered if it come about because Lukaku got sold in the last few days of the window as you just say fair enough probably not enough time, but the time that this situation has been building up for is just ridiculous.

We won't go breaking the wage structure on anyone amazing as that's what we'd need to do to attract a player it's not in the Moshiri master plan, so I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with a Troy Deeney player or someone like that.

I'm not saying we're going to replace Lukaku like for like with his goals, but you need good quality strikers. Hell we need at least 2 good quality players in every position. Sure it's fine to have a kids in the squad but that j

Failure to sign a half decent Striker to replace Lukaku changes our summer transfer business from a 7/10 to a 4/10 for me, we knew he would be pretty much be leaving from March, to be waiting for a replacement with less than 2 days of the window left is unacceptable.

Debacle? You say, what debacle? Here's what @Steve0 has/had to say about our forward options, throw in DCL, we're not as bad as some people make out? No?

SAndro scored the same amount of goals as Salah in a tougher league for a worse team. He will be a beast.

Sandro has the ability to control any ball. You've never seen him play have you? He's like salah but quicker, better touch, better finisher, stronger and £35m cheaper.

We've signed an absolute beast in sandro. Lookman has progressed. Rooney is still a magnificent footballer and will prove his worth.

Oh look, nice to see you out of hiding. I expect you to disappear roundabout Christmas time.

Status
Not open for further replies.