Europa League - Lyon (Away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at Hotel Grand Est and Comfort Hotel Stadium Eeurexpo Lyon as it's close to the stadium but i'm guessing most will be staying further away perhaps? I'm not too sure.

Doesn't really matter mate, just make sure you're close to a metro stop and you can hop on a tram.

I'm staying at the Kyriad Hotel Lyon Centre Croix Rouss. Got two beds but only using one so get in touch if you'd like it either here or on Twitter @jbrookes7

I was looking at Hotel Grand Est and Comfort Hotel Stadium Eeurexpo Lyon as it's close to the stadium but i'm guessing most will be staying further away perhaps? I'm not too sure.
Not sure mate, I'm staying at Kyriad Hotel Lyon Centre Croix Rouss but got a spare bed atm

Flying Dublin - Lyon on the Wednesday morning and return Lyon - Dublin Friday. Anyone else staying at the Campanile Lyon Centre hotel? Looking forward to this. Biggest problem will be match tickets

Blimey....it sure has.

I checked just niw, on foot of this post, and it has gone up £70 from when I booked it on Friday night.

Yeah, i thought it would go up in price but not by that much. I keep changing route, I've not booked anything yet but sorted the route back from Lyon, now i need to find getting there as Dublin was perfect.

Yeah, i thought it would go up in price but not by that much. I keep changing route, I've not booked anything yet but sorted the route back from Lyon, now i need to find getting there as Dublin was perfect.

We were originally going from Dublin to Lyon, but prices went up.

Now we're going Dublin to Geneva, then getting the train to Lyon. Flying back Lyon to Dublin. Saved about 35 quid, and gets us there 2 hours earlier, train is 29 euro SNCF RER, you have to book on French language site. English site not giving option of RER train.

Tram from Lyon airport is 14 euro which is a bit steep.

Now we're going Dublin to Geneva, then getting the train to Lyon. Flying back Lyon to Dublin. Saved about 35 quid, and gets us there 2 hours earlier, train is 29 euro SNCF RER, you have to book on French language site. English site not giving option of RER train.

Will take a look at that, thanks. Would prefer to fly straight into Lyon as not been abroad on my own and dont want to get myself into a mess! But that looks a pretty good option.

https://loco2.com/ probably the best site for trains across europe as it covers most countries & ties them into eurostar as well.

With Lyons stadium holding 59,000 is it likely we can buy tickets through the their website and take up parts of the home section like we did in Lille?

With Lyons stadium holding 59,000 is it likely we can buy tickets through the their website and take up parts of the home section like we did in Lille?

Averaged between 30-40000 last season.

Only "sold out" for Saint-Etienne, PSG, Monaco, Ajax and one of the CL games.

I imagine we're not quite as luring as PSG or Bayern tbh. I'm expecting roughly 5,000 to be honest, which i think will be fine, as the accessibility compared to Lille is far lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.