Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we got £8m for Cleverley, £24m for Lescott, £48m for Stones and we might get £10m back from Niasse! Not too bad.
We get decent money for players who are part of our plans but want to leave. Can't argue with that. But don't normally do well with players we want shut of or those younger players who aren't quite good enough for us. Cleverley is very much the exception to the rule. We've been trying to sell Niasse for 15 months now. Still here. Couldn't manage it with Kone for a similar period. Had to pay up McGeady's contract to get him to go. Not sure how much we got for Gibson as it was combined with Oviedo in the figures I saw but doubt it was much. Liverpool, to use their comparison again, have got decent money for their surplus players like Borini and Joe Allen.

Let's see what happens by Thursday with the likes of Mirallas, Lennon, McCarthy, Niasse & Robles. I may have changed my opinion.

Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal as our Left Back/defender cover?
Bidding is currently around £5M, could be a bargain and fill the hole in the squad.
Big salary I think. Watford had a deal for him but they couldn't agree to personal terms. Might be because it's Watford, who knows. Would help us play with a back four more often.

We get decent money for players who are part of our plans but want to leave. Can't argue with that. But don't normally do well with players we want shut of or those younger players who aren't quite good enough for us. Cleverley is very much the exception to the rule. We've been trying to sell Niasse for 15 months now. Still here. Couldn't manage it with Kone for a similar period. Had to pay up McGeady's contract to get him to go. Not sure how much we got for Gibson as it was combined with Oviedo in the figures I saw but doubt it was much. Liverpool, to use their comparison again, have got decent money for their surplus players like Borini and Joe Allen.

Let's see what happens by Thursday with the likes of Mirallas, Lennon, McCarthy, Niasse & Robles. I may have changed my opinion.
That's basically to do with the quality of the player though isn't it. Borini and Allen were surplus but they're not bad players. Selling players to Stoke and AC Milan will generally get you more money than selling to Sunderland and Oxford. We got decent money for Oviedo, Cleverley, Deulofeu etc, but we're not going to have teams banging the door down to offer us £10m for Niasse when he's flopped so badly and been completely frozen out by the manager. Any decent negotiator is just going to say it would be doing us a favour to save us £40k a week on wages by loaning him because we clearly have no use for him.

Really wonder why we didn't try for Mahrez. No other team in for him and that would have gone in our favour. Proven PL winger and is left footed most importantly. He would have given us the great balance on our right side. On the left we could opt for Sigu/Bolasie/Mirallas. Klaasen/Rooney in the middle.

Really wonder why we didn't try for Mahrez. No other team in for him and that would have gone in our favour. Proven PL winger and is left footed most importantly. He would have given us the great balance on our right side. On the left we could opt for Sigu/Bolasie/Mirallas. Klaasen/Rooney in the middle.

Lightweight and doesn't work hard enough

Status
Not open for further replies.