Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know mate but Arsenal don't seem bothered. Wenger said they opened the door for him to leave so that makes me think if we bid enough they'll accept and then what does that say to Giroud, you're not wanted here? He may still say "no I’m happy warming the bench" but, & I know it’s fanciful thinking, I’d like to think if Koeman and Walsh can speak with him and sell the club to him we can change his mind. He's better than being Arsenal's plan B or C.

I don't get me wrong I want him more than anything.

And I agree Arsenal don't seem that arsed.

But he himself said he wanted to stay there. I also read some possible jarg about his mrs not wanting to move as well.

Not talking about deals that were goin through a month ago. Talkin about ones goin through last week or so. Find it strange a deal can take weeks to through during the window but on the last day a bid according to sky is made at 10 pm and he's signed with medical and all by 11

It's like anything though isn't it ? both sides get desperate , people will spend more than they want to so will push it through and clubs will maybe be more flexible on price because they want to sell. Whilst players who want to move and are waiting for a specific club are left with staying or changing their position .

Ideally that fir me is a Plan B.

Our Plan A should be a striker who can pull defences this way and that way creating space for others like Rooney, Klaassen, etc in behind him as well a leading the line and snapping up chances in the box. We do need an aerial threat but I like the way Wenger approaches that issue with his use of Giroud, who he sometimes starts but mostly calls off the bench as a change of plan.

What about a striker who can do both?

nintchdbpict000329204891.jpg

What bit's daft Dave? You say you wanted Siggurdsson for ages but balk at the price they quote. Suggest we leave them to sweat until final day. Then what happens if they tell us to get stuffed? You come on here moaning about He Who Shall Not Be Named (by you) saying how crap a manager he is for letting his top target get away and we have no players in because we've refused to "overpay". You pay the money the selling club is after or you go look elsewhere. But if it's your number one target then you do whatever to get him in. You say Pickford is 10m overpriced. I say we go a steal. The kid is gonna be ace for the next 10/15 years and if he does move on, we'll easily make a profit (providing an arm doesn't fall off or summat). Just try one day without all the bloody whining. Koeman is trying to build something here and so far he's doing ok. Give it a chance ffs.
He should never have been our number one target this summer though should he? Not when Lukaku needed replacing.

IMO management got caught up in a trial of strength over securing a player we had less desperate need for now than we did last summer or even January.

Now we are scrambling for a panic buy up front.

I don't get me wrong I want him more than anything.

And I agree Arsenal don't seem that arsed.

But he himself said he wanted to stay there. I also read some possible jarg about his mrs not wanting to move as well.

she can stay in london and they can face-time, problem solved

Nooooo. Jelavic came from two outstandingly poor leagues to join Everton. He was always going to be a bad signing eventually.

Gabbiadini played in Serie A for three seasons and you can see his classy movement in an instant.

Jelavic is known as one of the biggests flops in the Belgian League. 24 games for Zulte Waregem 3 or 4 goals.

It was only once we matched the bid he made his choice. We'd look a bit silly then reducing our bid.
Same difference though: we had other more pressing priorities.

If we'd secured a great CF and Sigurdsson was still there and available - THEN offer a tiny bit more than £35M for him...but not much more.

That would have been the sensible way to go.

What bit's daft Dave? You say you wanted Siggurdsson for ages but balk at the price they quote. Suggest we leave them to sweat until final day. Then what happens if they tell us to get stuffed? You come on here moaning about He Who Shall Not Be Named (by you) saying how crap a manager he is for letting his top target get away and we have no players in because we've refused to "overpay". You pay the money the selling club is after or you go look elsewhere. But if it's your number one target then you do whatever to get him in. You say Pickford is 10m overpriced. I say we go a steal. The kid is gonna be ace for the next 10/15 years and if he does move on, we'll easily make a profit (providing an arm doesn't fall off or summat). Just try one day without all the bloody whining. Koeman is trying to build something here and so far he's doing ok. Give it a chance ffs.
You're wasting your breath mate. He's not interested in Everton doing well under Koeman, as whoever came in to replace El Fraudo was going to be lambasted by him, as he'd buried himself that far up Brown Shoes that he needs his successor to compare unfavourably with him, in order for him to be proven 'right' on the internet.

Same goes for Moshiri, he's labelled him a carpet bagger, so everything off the pitch has to have a downer applied as well

Great Blue though......apparently.

He should never have been our number one target this summer though should he? Not when Lukaku needed replacing.

IMO management got caught up in a trial of strength over securing a player we had less desperate need for now than we did last summer or even January.

Now we are scrambling for a panic buy up front.
We've been crying out for an attacking midfielder or "number 10" for as long as I can remember. Of course he was a number one target because he was attainable. For a price. Strikers with the talent and skill set we need are much harder to find and generally at clubs that are higher rated than us or in the CL. It was never gonna be a cake walk replacing Rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.