Match Thread Manchester City v Everton (Mon 21 Aug 2017, 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point by all means but 2nd half I was a little disappointed we weren't in it a bit more having the extra man until Schneiderlin of course.

Very Moyesque 2nd half but he'd have lost us the game I guess. Needed pace and width in the 2nd half to nullify Danilo and Sterling. Mirallas would've been a better option. Disappointed by Klaasen again, I don't see any ball composure from him at all. Our ball play is not good. We have packed too many midfielders but almost everyone is focused on winning the ball back or working hard off the ball. Sigu can be let off being his 1st game. We don't have a passing midfielder you can hold the ball under pressure and look for a pass like Arteta did.

DCL was very impressive, brilliant composure and pace. Rooney was good in the 1st half but not as effective in the 2nd half. Gana was his usual self, very dynamic and efficient. Besic made a brilliant tackle in his little cameo.

playing against 10 men isnt always an advantage. 10 men who are willing to play harder are more dangerous than 11 men who are taking it easy.

ahwg.gif
I imagine he's cleared out his diary for the 2 hours following City, Spurs and ManU ...

I thought the Klassen and Sig substitution was odd. Klassen is new and obviously not up to pace yet, Sig is brand new and doesn't know the team. I think that made us disjointed and gave City more openings.

Think if we had a proper forward we would have won that game. Calvert Lewin played well but couldn't make the ball stick in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.