Match Thread Manchester City v Everton (Mon 21 Aug 2017, 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outplayed him to get the draw? Wow he really is an outstanding world class manager.

Outplayed him to salvage a point and steal 2 off us

Or are you telling me at 1-0 up against 10 men you're happy with the draw ?

Can't see how anybody can be happy with how utter garbage we've been in that 2nd half

Could have been three points but for one defensive lapse. Holgate needs to put the on behind him quickly, other than that he was superb.

Shocking second yellow for Morgs, I'm not surprised he was fuming.

I'd have been happy with a point before kickoff - these are the hard group of fixtures coming. The more points we get out of them, the better.

DCL put in a great performance, still clearly plenty to improve on but he's getting there. Would still like another CF to be brought in.

Just like Man U away last year... sitting back with no threat or composure on the counter at all.

Taken it at the start of the game though.

aguero was useless, i admire him so much as a player but what a horrible cheat he is. Oh well, if they want to give their title rivals chelsea a helping hand by having our DM suspended vs them, then more fool them.

It was same old pep though, all possession, but how many saves did pickford make? Two routine ones. Granted they missed a couple of sitters too. But this is a team patched together and we definitely showed we'll be hard to beat. Calvert-lewin was brilliant at holding the ball up, almost makes me thinks whether we'd be better off getting a pacey striker in instead so we can kill games like that off with speed on the break.

not a lot to shout about good or bad.
I know he got that touch towards the end, but I just don't think klassen is very good. hes like the dutch phil Neville in midfield., not much good at anything really.

we also need another striker asap.

Utterly 'kin pathetic.

Leading a team down to 10 men for the last 55 minutes and shutting up shop for a one goal win then getting hauled back.

Tells you everything you need to know about a team led by a cautious, hide-behind-the couch manager.

You're a belter.

Not one of the top 7 teams last year won at the Etihad. They all drew bar Arsenal, who lost.

Bore off.

A point is a good result but I'm still fuming that we never looked like taking advantage of being a man up and shot ourselves in the foot at the end.

Bitter pill to swallow but that's what happens when you sit back constantly and invite it.
Spot on mate.

1-0 up and he traded in the gun given to him for a knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.