2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year. Now he has almost a year of experience and no one doubts he can play at this level.

News flash you only find that out by playing at this level.
My point is a loan isn't the end of the world when someone can play as well as Davies did and still is on the outside. He gets to play for sure and if he does well he will get his shot next season

Let me be clear. I'm not anti Koeman. I just disagree in the case of Dowell and especially Kenny. If we finish 7th again what was the point of all this?

What I hate is publicly saying top 4 shouldn't be our goal, that's a bridge too far. Then essentially acting like were Chelsea and couldn't possibly risk playing these lads because it's too big a risk. Which is it? Because if we're not finishing in the champions league places I sure as hell want to see them play and develop like Davies did last year. Doing neither will piss me off to no end.
A good point well made. At minute I can't see us getting near top 4. No one apart from Lukaku and Barkley scored more than 4 goals. Dowell has got the potential to score & create a few goals.

Kenny has absolutely earned the right to start while Coleman is out. There's literally nothing else he could have done. He's gone on loan twice - successfully. He's captained the U23s to a league title. He was the best player on the pitch most matches this summer for a World Cup winner. And then he's not even in the squad for the EL match, and Martina goes out and is absolute dross.

I'm glad you have no doubt Kenny will get his chance, but I'm sat here thinking if he didn't get it last Thursday, at home, when is that going to happen.

I totally hope I'm wrong and overreacting here, and will be happy to be wrong. But I have my doubts.

I can't help thinking that RK is going with the safe option here by using Martina rather than Kenny. If we don't go the 'old fashioned' way here and replace Coleman with Kenny , then it does suggest RK is not really into promoting youth as he suggests. Kenny really couldn't have done anything more

Anymore info on the rumour about Unsworth being unhappy with what's going on?

Nothing further...Unsy was given a large pot to buy new players as a reward for last season so will likely stay his hand for now.
It,s my opinion that Unsy wants to see the players he is developing become EVERTON players in the 1st team which runs opposite to the "Quick Fix" approach from Ronald.

Nothing further...Unsy was given a large pot to buy new players as a reward for last season so will likely stay his hand for now.
It,s my opinion that Unsy wants to see the players he is developing become EVERTON players in the 1st team which runs opposite to the "Quick Fix" approach from Ronald.

Seems like Ronald cannot win whatever he does sometimes.

We have fans who want us to break into the top 4/6, yet at the same time get a titty lip if he has to do that by buying players in ready NOW for the first XI as they want the under 23's brought in as it is the correct way to do it.

So this "quick fix" that you seem to have a dig at here is only what every other club in the top 6 seem to do.

We have fans who want us to break into the top 4/6, yet at the same time get a titty lip if he has to do that by buying players in ready NOW for the first XI as they want the under 23's brought in as it is the correct way to do it.

So this "quick fix" that you seem to have a dig at here is only what every other club in the top 6 seem to do.

really, not of the top 6 would even consider signing coco martina as a "quick fix" in a million years

It,s not a dig, it,s a fact and the money spent shows that this summer and will continue I suspect.
Ronald deserves to have his own team if he gets that from a "quick fix" that,s ok with me - it,s a results business but we need to remember that the spending will slow down next year and we need to bring through the talent nurtured in the U23,s.

If he'd signed Dani Alves then I'd understand not playing Kenny just yet.

But he's signed Cuco Martina to a 3 year deal. A player not good enough for a team below us in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.