Match Thread Everton vs Ruzemberok, Thursday 27th July, 8.05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not easy against any team that sits back like that (not that they didn't have chances of course).

Just need the magic to get through. Which was sparse tonight.

1. Needed 90 mins.
2. Players need to get fit.
3. Martina is very poor and i mean very poor.
4. Dcl has done nothing in his everton career to warrent getting the minutes he gets.
5. Sandro looks good.
Thought we looked really poor out wide on both sides, with mirallas and baines not offering much. Why does baines try that cut-back cross every time. Whip a few in ffs.

Martina was poor, that chance late on for them from the set piece, he just stood there and let his man head the ball across our box.

I tweeted at half time, Kenny and dowell must be looking at our right hand side, thinking wtf is going on. Martina & DCL, the new Hibbert & osman.

I think it's more about team selection.
I think we have the players, though we definitely need more, but they need to be played right.

We can't have DCL wide and then try and use him as a target man. Koeman got that wrong. It's a square peg in a round hole when it wasn't needed.

Think we were talking the other day about Rooney not playing as an out and out striker or out wide as well, again he looked better when Sandro (I'm liking Sandro's movement) came on and Rooney played further back, think we're also desperate for a quality target man now.

listen lad been watching since 1960 and i've seen worse performances than that believe me ..pre season game that was what the feck did you expect ?? :eek::eek:
Not really preseason though is it? From top level professionals against essentially a league 2 side in a match that did matter, i expected better. You didn't and that's fine. It's not like they're in mid season form either is it?

For kicks:
stek 7
Baines 6
Keane 7
Williams 4
Martina 5
Snides 6
Gana 5
Mirallas 6
DCL 5
Rooney 5
Davy 6

Subs:
Sandro 7
Lookman 5
Davies 5

All early days and much match fitness to be gained. Just hope it doesn't cost us at this early stage of the tournament.

I think it's more about team selection.
I think we have the players, though we definitely need more, but they need to be played right.

We can't have DCL wide and then try and use him as a target man. Koeman got that wrong. It's a square peg in a round hole when it wasn't needed.

after dowell had been so impressive in pre-season as well. Know he was playing internationally, but so was DCL.

Reading a few of the posts: I concur with the consensus that Tubby Ashley was poor. Also, pleased to see most have come around to the realisation that Cuco is some footballer. I disagree with those claiming Rooney is past it. He started well but like Tubby Ash, needs conditioning work...

Tonight was exactly as I expected it to. The lads were obviously in pre-season mode and played like it. Early days and obviously we can't really judge anyone based on that. The important thing is we got the result and kept the clean sheet. I'm far more confident about the away leg then I was tonight. Satisfied.

This. Clean sheet the most important thing, aside from the win obviously. One goal in Slovakia next week should see us through. Tonight's game just reinforced to me how desperate we are for a Giroud-type centre forward. Rooney's best position is defo behind a main man, and Sandro can't do it on his own all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.