Homepage Update: The Rise of Moshiri’s Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont refuse to believe it. I see changes occurring. They are just not the large ones many on here seem intent on arguing they are. It's mostly hype.

I'm assuming you're closer to my age (54) than a millennial. But you seem to have adopted their mantra of "I want it all and I want it now." Real progress can't be measured in days or weeks; you have to lay the foundation before you can build the house. You do acknowledge there are changes, and I presume from that you're admitting they're positive. Give it time, grasshopper.

I'm assuming you're closer to my age (54) than a millennial. But you seem to have adopted their mantra of "I want it all and I want it now." Real progress can't be measured in days or weeks; you have to lay the foundation before you can build the house. You do acknowledge there are changes, and I presume from that you're admitting they're positive. Give it time, grasshopper.
...we've won f.a. for 22 years mate. I dont know about you but my patience is in pretty small supply.

We have our much vaunted and hoped for billionaire: let's see some real change. I dont want to hear about small improvements and break even spending and plans to consult about plans to build a new stadium...just 'kin get on with it.

Oh David. It's another avenue to CL which frankly is probably more realistic than the League.

Besides it allows our fans the opportunity to tear up a bar in Slovakia and other boss places.

It's about 12 or so more games in a season that this club cant handle.

I wish we hadn't. It's a 'kin nuisance of a competition. CL or nothing is the only way forward.
Man United are in the CL because of the Europa League.

Also, I can't wait to get back to the match tomorrow and have the Europa games to break up my week. Hardly a nuisance of a competition.

As you just mentioned it's been 22 years since we won a trophy. Well it's another chance for us. We all want the drought to end.
That's like the March on Moscow that competition: you just end up defeating yourself.

Steer well clear.

You won't win, give up now whilst you still can

...we've won f.a. for 22 years mate. I dont know about you but my patience is in pretty small supply.

We have our much vaunted and hoped for billionaire: let's see some real change. I dont want to hear about small improvements and break even spending and plans to consult about plans to build a new stadium...just 'kin get on with it.

But for those 22 years, we really haven't been in a realistic position to compete for anything. In the 22 years since we won the FA Cup, it has been hoisted 19 times by one of City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal or the RS. All money teams. Given our financial situation during those 22 years, getting to one final was nothing short of a miracle. That, at least in my opinion, is about to change, but it won't -- can't, really -- happen overnight.

He's made us into a stronger than before Everton mate.
Stronger than before? Before what? Before we were 4th or 5th in recent seasons? I dont think finishing us 7th does that does it?
On the face of it, no, Dave, but I think it'd be fair to say that finishing 5th back when we did was probably easier than it was this season. And certainly than when we did it under Moyes. I agree with your 'actions speak louder than words' stance but still think we've made huge strides in the paast 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.