Is anyone else worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not at all.
For all the goals Rom scored he missed a lot of chances where a simple pass could have lead to a tap in.

Example at Man United. We could and should have been 3 clear had he not opted to shoot from a daft position instead of feeding Mirallas and Ross.

A more fluid unselfish team will outscore a greedy forward.

Lukaku will score lots for Man United. But I am not sure they will be as successful.
He clogs up the box, negating others.

Up front we need: proper target man to lead the line; two actual wingers that can cross a ball. Forget about Sigurdsson now, our priorities have changed with the signings already made.
Koeman doesn't play with wingers

Not worried but concerned we haven't sorted someone yet. It may be that the quality we want will only be available later in the window though, so Ron is comfortable with us navigating the first few Europa rounds before we secure someone. I do think we need more than Sandro who looks good but is potential , Rooney who will be in and out and DCL who is a youngster. A quality target man and finisher is needed.

I'm actually more concerned with the centre back situation to be honest. People can reel off all the crap options that are currently at the club (including Besic as a CB *shudders*) but in reality, they are all still crap apart from Keane. A 35 year old Jagielka should most definitely not be going into the season as a realistic starter.

I'd worry that this manager has demonstrated no capacity to put together an attacking unit since he's been here.

He seems to be stockpiling players for the middle of the pitch.

I wouldn't write stockpiling as much as replaced or focused on.

As in, "I bought a house and found out there were termites, so I had to rip out the walls and replace a lot of the framing. Do you want any of these old studs? Soon I'll put up new sheetrock and paint."

Because he knew Lukaku would leave...he advised him to.

The Man U interest was known to Rom before Koeman had even taken charge. Lukaku openly spoke about that as the deal was finalised.

I don't think Koeman likes to play bluffing games with players so just expressed what had probably been fed to him in private. The whole Rooney chatter and how great it would be to have him here shows the wheels were in motion ages ago. Murky business football and it is difficult to have a real hero these days.

As in, "I bought a house and found out there were termites, so I had to rip out the walls and replace a lot of the framing. Do you want any of these old studs? Soon I'll put up new sheetrock and paint."

Dunno what you're on about mate, McCarthy and Barry were fine

:rolleyes:

I'm surprised Koeman has bothered signing anybody considering he inherited an entrie squad

Status
Not open for further replies.