New CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is lengthy? 2 months or an entire season? If the former, we don't need another CB. If an entire season, then up to Koeman.

4 CBs in Keane, Williams, Jagielka and Holgate should suffice.

Williams and Jags are both getting on, we shouldn't wait for their legs to completely fall out before we look to get new players in. Jags already showed enough signs last season that for him it's already the case. I'd love him as a 4th option, but not the third. RFM was already looking like being shipped out before the injury so Ronko clearly doesn't rate him. Holgate will get exposed both in the air and physically if we play him centrally in a back 4, would be a nightmare. RCB in a back 3, RB in a back 4, but in no way is he ready for CB in a back 4 in the prem yet. We definitely need to get another option in

Williams and Jags are both getting on, we shouldn't wait for their legs to completely fall out before we look to get new players in. Jags already showed enough signs last season that for him it's already the case. I'd love him as a 4th option, but not the third. RFM was already looking like being shipped out before the injury so Ronko clearly doesn't rate him. Holgate will get exposed both in the air and physically if we play him centrally in a back 4, would be a nightmare. RCB in a back 3, RB in a back 4, but in no way is he ready for CB in a back 4 in the prem yet. We definitely need to get another option in

I'd rather sign a boss CB like VVD to partner Keane next year than waste 10m on a 3rd choice CB

I don't think we have unlimited money so there's more pressing areas this summer - namely Siggy (or comparable) and a striker

I'd be happy to stick with Holgate/Besic/Pennington/Jags if it wasn't for the LB cover situation so we probably should recall Galloway if its possible and spend the money elsewhere

We'd just become the new Chelsea, buying good young players then loaning them out, with little hope for them ever making the first team.

I can see why people would want another CB, but signing a creative player and a new forward is far more urgent as far as I can see. Last season we didn't concede many more than a few teams who finished above us but scored far less, and we've just lost by far our biggest goal threat in Lukaku.

As crap as it is, it's a sound business model. Buy young talent, loan it out to prove their worth, sell them on.

I'd be happy to stick with Holgate/Besic/Pennington/Jags if it wasn't for the LB cover situation so we probably should recall Galloway if its possible and spend the money elsewhere

Holgate - right sided
Besic - Not a CB, can fill in 'at a push' if absolutely no other option.
Pennington - Good luck to him, I don't think he'll make it as a top 6 and beyond CB. Happy to be proved wrong.
Jags - Another year older

We 100% need a quality left sided CB ready to play week in, week out. (Even without the Mori injury, as he's not good enough.)

Reactions: gmb

Time to phone Jose again and get Smalling or Blind
I actually think Smalling would be a pretty great signing and relatively cheap all things considered. Rumors West Brom are interested and think they can get it done for around 15mil. Be very happy if he was brought in. Do it RonKo.

Status
Not open for further replies.