New CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebEFC

Player Valuation: £500k

The Paul has spoken. A new centre half is likely to be on the way after RFM suffers a serious knee injury. I think a signing here is something we all hoped for, but with this injury it now seems a reality, and fast tracked.

Will the club look for a leftfooted CB as a like for like replacement, and to provide us with cover at LB which is currently bare?

VVD, Ben Gibson, Lemos, Riedewald are some of the names floating around, who would you like to bring in?

Yes absolutely. Even with RFM as he is nowhere near good enough. Keane gets injured or doesn't play then? There's your answer.

I'd give Holgate a try personally. He's looked good but doesn't seem to be a natural fullback, I'd like to see him get a chance at CB. No point having all these young gems if we don't give them a chance when the opportunity arises.

Definitely need a left footed centre back. I would have brought one in regardless of the Funes Mori injury as he would have been on the sell list anyway. Williams, Jagielka, Holgate, Pennington ok as part of a 3 but for differing reasons not good enough for a 4. If Keane gets injured we would be back in the same position as at the end of last season. Galloway loan move looking less wise now as he would have provided cover to both CB and LB. Maybe young Connolly will get a chance if we don't sign anyone as he can play all accross the back and we are short in all positions but it's a big ask.

I'd give Holgate a try personally. He's looked good but doesn't seem to be a natural fullback, I'd like to see him get a chance at CB. No point having all these young gems if we don't give them a chance when the opportunity arises.

Indeed and I would add that the young players that have joined us, have off the back of us giving young players a chance over the last few years. If that stops and we buy a ready made player everytime then likely they will go else in future. This will then make our youth setup less productive and reduce the chances of buying cheap and then getting a huge profit if they do turn out to be stars.

Indeed and I would add that the young players that have joined us, have off the back of us giving young players a chance over the last few years. If that stops and we buy a ready made player everytime then likely they will go else in future. This will then make our youth setup less productive and reduce the chances of buying cheap and then getting a huge profit if they do turn out to be stars.

We'd just become the new Chelsea, buying good young players then loaning them out, with little hope for them ever making the first team.

I can see why people would want another CB, but signing a creative player and a new forward is far more urgent as far as I can see. Last season we didn't concede many more than a few teams who finished above us but scored far less, and we've just lost by far our biggest goal threat in Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.