Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange isn't it. As long as he's back to fitness for the start of the season then he could put on 2 stone if he wanted to. Pre season is to regain fitness and prepare for the season after all...

Let's not forget that these pro athletes barely get any free time which is fair enough considering the money they're on. Can't really blame them for having 5 or 6 weeks a year where they binge a little bit (if thats even the case here)

Don't actually rate Williams either, very short term signing.
Yes and closed season is there for not getting fat. Seems to me he has got it wrong.

I think he was poor last season, and no defensive stat would make me change my mind on the average and dozy displays he often turned in. All those defenders were helped by the work done in front of them.

However he has been a solid Jags type defender in the league for a while though and isnt too old so I dont see why he couldnt kick on now after a settling in first season and prove he is worth a start in a good chunk of our games.

I dont think its fair to so conclusively state he is past it or on a rapid decline just because of one bad season.

Our defensive record last season was atrocious look at all the extra goals we conceded compared to the previous two seasons and as Williams was really the only change last season then it must have been his fault.

fat shaming

L9oQv_s-200x150.gif
would love a go on the moody nun

Our defensive record last season was atrocious look at all the extra goals we conceded compared to the previous two seasons and as Williams was really the only change last season then it must have been his fault.

Nothing to do with having a former World class defender managing the team compared to a 4th division midfielder

I see your Alexandersson and raise you Kroldrup, Bilic, Bakayoko, Nyarko, Beattie, Wright, Van der Meyde and NIASSE.

Its a personal thing, for years I wanted us to sign Alexandersson! I've never got over how non existent he was for us :)

You've had a bit of a shocker here...

I give credit to Koeman rather than Williams for last seasons better defensive performance (let's be honest any manager would have improved us defensively after Martinez)....

Not convinced by Williams at all though, looked slow last season, would love to see us bring in another centre back to pair with Keane.... Be a heck of a statement to go after Van Dijk....
Him, sigurdsson and a quality striker, and we we would have had a belter of a transfer window

absolute nonsense argument this, should robles and steklebeaut be ahead of pickford also?
I am not sure what point you are trying to make , but, no matter how good a defence is it can always be made better.

The fact is we conceded fewer goals last season and Williams is at least in part responsible for THIS.

Last season the goalkeepers also played an improved part over the previous season when Tim Howard was having a poor time.

That is not to say there should not be changes or improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.