New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm telling you they know what's best in terms of what a stadium should look like and include and exclude.

There are many supporters, in fact, who actually do have skills in the field of engineering and architecture and have either designed or commissioned the designs of possible Everon stadiums in the past during the long running stadium saga. Trevor Skempton is a fan/architect of the club who designed the St James Park renovation, Tom Hughes is another fan and man with great skills in design who has provided designs for the redevelopment of Goodison Park, and the Goodison For Everton campaign 20 years ago commissioned at cost the designers of the current Twickenham, Ward-McHugh, to come up with a plan of a new GP. All of these examples are online and should be known to anyone with a modicum of intelligence concerning this club's fans attempts to be proactive and break the deadlock on the stadium issue.

Instead, you insult these people and all your fellow fans with snide comments about how football supporters are too 'kin dumb to do anything for themselves.

Schooled him there David. Beautiful.

I am quite sure that Dan Meis and his team of architects will come up with a design that is aesthetically pleasing, practical, in keeping with our glorious past, and also be good value for money. People who complain about a set of sketches that one cannot see properly should have no need to worry. The whole project is, I'm sure, in very capable hands.

I am quite sure that Dan Meis and his team of architects will come up with a design that is aesthetically pleasing, practical, in keeping with our glorious past, and also be good value for money. People who complain about a set of sketches that one cannot see properly should have no need to worry. The whole project is, I'm sure, in very capable hands.
Hardly the "iconic, unique, best football stadium in Europe" is it?
Hope you are wrong.

I'm telling you they know what's best in terms of what a stadium should look like and include and exclude.

There are many supporters, in fact, who actually do have skills in the field of engineering and architecture and have either designed or commissioned the designs of possible Everon stadiums in the past during the long running stadium saga. Trevor Skempton is a fan/architect of the club who designed the St James Park renovation, Tom Hughes is another fan and man with great skills in design who has provided designs for the redevelopment of Goodison Park, and the Goodison For Everton campaign 20 years ago commissioned at cost the designers of the current Twickenham, Ward-McHugh, to come up with a plan of a new GP. All of these examples are online and should be known to anyone with a modicum of intelligence concerning this club's fans attempts to be proactive and break the deadlock on the stadium issue.

Instead, you insult these people and all your fellow fans with snide comments about how football supporters are too 'kin dumb to do anything for themselves.

You've buried him and built a running track over him with that response

My wishes for EFC new stadium: 4 stands as close to the pitch as possible, 4 steep straight stands at the max. permitted steepness (even the lower tiers), single-tier stand for home end (prepared for an easy change to a safe standing), no corporate boxes behind the goals, cap. 61878, a few elements from Goodison Park, overhanging tiered side stands with Leitch crosses on the middle level.
But that's just my laic wishes. I'll leave it to architects / experts :)

BTW, good article about how does stadium architecture affect atmosphere https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/how-does-stadium-architecture-affect-match-day-atmosphere

I suppose it'd be too much to hope that we don't have to deal with similar issues.

No, not at all. There might be the usual objections from outside groups like environmentalists that all projects have to deal with, but the point here is the fundamental differences between the people in charge of the two cities

The Five Star Movement in Italy, who run Rome, are generally anti-development and have made this really hard for Roma.

You've got a council who want the stadium ready for 2022 and who are acting as a guarantor on your loans. That's a much cosier relationship than we ever had with Haringey, and night and day compared with what Roma is having to deal with.

I reckon once planning docs are made public this thing will start moving pretty quickly, as long as the club has the finances to make it work.