New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's incredible that someone can get so worked up over blurry images that show nothing and have been confirmed to not even be the potential design.

Also the idea of fans being deeply involved in a multi million pound stadium design is laughable.
I'm more concerned with the people who actually thought them blurry images looked good, as it showed nothing.

It's going to be designed to accommodate a running track for the CWG or future events.

There needs to be a medium between the forum cliche and Davek's wum account.

I won't say much but the stadium is NOT going to be iconic or anything intimidating like Juve or Dortmund.

I'm also told that the stadium is on a tight budget and won't have half the corporate faculties that Tottenham are getting. Expect roofs like Meis previous designs and small concourse.

Bookmark this post if you wish and come back to me when the plans are set in stone.

There won't be as much corporate seating as the likes of Tottenham, but that's not due to financial constraints, it's more to do with demand for those seats. The stadium will have the ability to expand on that offering when the time and demand allows it. There will be a higher demand and accessibility for those with the cash getting on to 2030 and beyond assuming the overall plan for club progression stays on track. Its a sensible approach, and one that I agree with tbh.

It seems to me like the stadium design will need to be compromised due to the need for a commonwealth games track. In an ideal world we wouldn't need to facilitate an athletics track, and instead have a stadium purpose built for the needs of our club. Hovever, given that this is not going to be the case, do people think we are getting enough from the council for this compromise? As far as I am aware, they are essentially acting as guarantors for the stadium, so that we can get a better loan. Is that enough of a benefit to compromise the design of our new stadium? I don't think so. Other clubs, such as city have basically had their stadia built for them by their councils in similar deals.

Current External Aerial.jpg

Personally don't like Dortmund's from the outside at all. Unless people are just on about "The Yellow Wall"? Didn't know if people know what their stadium looked like from the outside or not.

View attachment 37991

Personally don't like Dortmund's from the outside at all. Unless people are just on about "The Yellow Wall"? Didn't know if people know what their stadium looked like from the outside or not.

Just the yellow wall, have that both ends.
I'd change the side stands to 2/3/4 overlapping tiers, or as others say stands that are on top of the pitch

It seems to me like the stadium design will need to be compromised due to the need for a commonwealth games track. In an ideal world we wouldn't need to facilitate an athletics track, and instead have a stadium purpose built for the needs of our club. Hovever, given that this is not going to be the case, do people think we are getting enough from the council for this compromise? As far as I am aware, they are essentially acting as guarantors for the stadium, so that we can get a better loan. Is that enough of a benefit to compromise the design of our new stadium? I don't think so. Other clubs, such as city have basically had their stadia built for them by their councils in similar deals.
Don't forget there is still the chance that the city doesn't even win the bid for The Commonwealth Games like ;)

View attachment 37991

It is what it is for me. A well done redevelopment of an existing stadium. I doubt they'd have it looking anything like that if they built a new one from scratch.

Not a chance you'd fit a track in there either.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollol

So you're seriously telling me that football fans can design a football stadium? Really?

Wow.
I'm telling you they know what's best in terms of what a stadium should look like and include and exclude.

There are many supporters, in fact, who actually do have skills in the field of engineering and architecture and have either designed or commissioned the designs of possible Everon stadiums in the past during the long running stadium saga. Trevor Skempton is a fan/architect of the club who designed the St James Park renovation, Tom Hughes is another fan and man with great skills in design who has provided designs for the redevelopment of Goodison Park, and the Goodison For Everton campaign 20 years ago commissioned at cost the designers of the current Twickenham, Ward-McHugh, to come up with a plan of a new GP. All of these examples are online and should be known to anyone with a modicum of intelligence concerning this club's fans attempts to be proactive and break the deadlock on the stadium issue.

Instead, you insult these people and all your fellow fans with snide comments about how football supporters are too 'kin dumb to do anything for themselves.

Probably a stupid idea but I wonder if the ends of the running track could go underneath the upper tier.

Maybe the lower tiers could be built only after the games are finished.