New Everton Stadium Discussion

Customers for commodities are not fans of football clubs. There is a MASSIVE difference in the two group's expertise and knowledge about what is right and appropriate.

You are way off on this one.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollol

So you're seriously telling me that football fans can design a football stadium? Really?

Wow.

Looks like Dan Meis has been busy after being put firmly in his place in Twitter - a hastily reworked design has emerged:

bmd stadium.png

If we want a 60k plus capacity then realistically the corners will be filled in. If all 4 stands are close to the pitch with a steep rake then the area available for corner seating is less.
The further back the stands are from the pitch & the less rake they have increase the corner seating area & will inevitably create more of a domed looking stadium from a seating point of view at least.

If Dan gets the steep & close thing right then the dome effect will be nullified but some people on here seem to think that rounded filled in corners equals dome. If the corners were left to continue straight into eachother then those people in those seats would look straight ahead into the stands & would have to constantly turn thier heads (if it hasn't already fallen off) to see action.

Tight corner stands are needed & should happen if Dan is giving us a large steep single tiered stand behind the goal which he has hinted at in that video.

I have no idea how to make something look good but we all naturally have ideas in our heads as to how we think we want it. Sadly on here it seems that if it doesn't fit thier exact image in thier heads then some on here simply stop others from realistically voicing an opinion because they basically hijack the thread trying to shout louder then everyone else when they simply have no idea what on earth the final design is.
Quite frankly it's embarrassing.

Cherry picking other people's opinions to form an argument to further satisfy thier overbearing & overinflated opinion on the matter to somehow currie favour by shouting the loudest is pathetic.

I sat in the garden at night with a beer to catch up on GOT & instead I get 30 odd pages of utter drivel because of a tiny minority absolutely wetting the bed in a way that makes me think that rational debate with these people/person is pointless & stops any flow of conversation others try to keep.

In one of the most exciting times for our club it is sad that I feel that the biggest platform for our fans has been almost rendered useless when the threads go this way. I applaud the passion these people/person have & they clearly want what's best for a club they love so dearly but it's almost smothering now. Let things breathe naturally please.

Sorry this is so long but I'm guessing it will get buried under yet more uninformed ranting so I doubt any of you will see it.
Cheers, a sad poster.

It's going to be designed to accommodate a running track for the CWG or future events.

There needs to be a medium between the forum cliche and Davek's wum account.

I won't say much but the stadium is NOT going to be iconic or anything intimidating like Juve or Dortmund.

I'm also told that the stadium is on a tight budget and won't have half the corporate faculties that Tottenham are getting. Expect roofs like Meis previous designs and small concourse.

Bookmark this post if you wish and come back to me when the plans are set in stone.

It's going to be designed to accommodate a running track for the CWG or future events.

I won't say much but the stadium is NOT going to be iconic or anything intimidating like Juve or Dortmund.

I'm also told that the stadium is on a tight budget and won't have half the corporate faculties that Tottenham are getting. Expect roofs like Meis previous designs and small concourse.

Bookmark this post if you wish and come back to me when the plans are set in stone.
Mate, what an absolute miserable post that is.
Can't say you will be wrong or anything, but daaaaamn.

Have you been told how many seats it's gonna have?

Whether you've heard reliable info or not this is by far the most probable outcome. The incorporation of the ability to accommodate a tempory athletics track dictates a shallow rake. There simply isn't an alternative outside of moveable stands which would cost a fortune and we'll be on a budget that's half that of Spurs.
We'll likely get a 'bowlised' version of GP in a fantastic location. Fan consultation / protest will have almost no effect as economic, practical and political pressures will dictate the design.

@orly