Blue Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
In these times of mind-boggling transfers into the club I thought I would like to say a word of thanks to our Chairman. Bill has had a lot of stick off Evertonians during his tenure. Bill himself always said he was waiting for the right investor. Well it was certainly worth the wait! Who could have envisaged BMD and this transfer activity 18 months ago? OK, getting Ron and Walshy might be more down to Mosh than Bill, but who bought Mosh to the club?

So, thank you, Mr Chairman. I for one knew you'd get it right in the end and I see the Mighty Everton soon being right back up there where we belong!

And thanks for recovering miracously from that life threatening illness
It occurred just as Roberto was on the brink of destroying our club and it miraculously receded when Mosh came a calling
The man should be given the freedom of the city
Beijing Sydney Sacramento anywhere but Liverpool

In these times of mind-boggling transfers into the club I thought I would like to say a word of thanks to our Chairman. Bill has had a lot of stick off Evertonians during his tenure. Bill himself always said he was waiting for the right investor. Well it was certainly worth the wait! Who could have envisaged BMD and this transfer activity 18 months ago? OK, getting Ron and Walshy might be more down to Mosh than Bill, but who bought Mosh to the club?

So, thank you, Mr Chairman. I for one knew you'd get it right in the end and I see the Mighty Everton soon being right back up there where we belong!
Moyesy are you still looking for a job here?

Its very unlikely that he had the opportunity to rebuff Sheik Mansoor. The Sheik is close buddies with Mr Shiniwatra, the previous Man City owner who had money problems. Its true that The Sheik was looking for 'the right football club' but it was always going to be City because of the personal relationship with Shiniwatra,plus the opportunity to save millions on a stadium and have an area in a major city which the council was not averse to having regenerated materially and culturally. I'm not ITK, but my source is someone I trust implicitly, albeit someone involved with City. The same source is also quite close to BK on a social basis.

Ive heard very similar. The opportunity with City was much bigger and financially attractive than with us. No idea how far he actually went in looking at us but the amount of land they have bought up in Manchester along with a basically free stadium makes it a no brainer. We can bash Bill for a lot but I'm not sure this is one of them.

The "we approached Everton and received no encouragement to proceed" is an actual quote from Mansour.

I have sat with him regularly since about 2007 through my work and at that time he had no idea I was an Everton supporter so it would be an odd thing to say.

In addition, he's not friends with Shinawatra. That connection was Sulaiman Al Fahim who was initially touted to be City chairman before they saw sense and appointed the far more measured Kaldoon. (Fahim was a Trump-like character, even had a TV show called "The Arab Apprentice" but has since had a spectacular fall from grace through failed business ventures and ridiculous statements to the media. (If you think back to when Ronaldo was leaving Utd he said: "Ronaldo says he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, let's see if he's serious.")

One thing I will say in Kenwrights defence was MAYBE it wasn't his call, around the same time we had the 'exclusivity deal' with Kirkby and that could have been why "No encouragement" was given? He was even interviewed a few years later and stated "We could have been City if we had a new stadium."

None of the above matters of course, just sharing as it's absolutely first hand.

Roll on next season.

Imagine getting the golden ticket and finishing 4th, only to think investment meant providing minimal funds for: Neville, Shandy, Davies and Koldrup.

The "we approached Everton and received no encouragement to proceed" is an actual quote from Mansour.

I have sat with him regularly since about 2007 through my work and at that time he had no idea I was an Everton supporter so it would be an odd thing to say.

In addition, he's not friends with Shinawatra. That connection was Sulaiman Al Fahim who was initially touted to be City chairman before they saw sense and appointed the far more measured Kaldoon. (Fahim was a Trump-like character, even had a TV show called "The Arab Apprentice" but has since had a spectacular fall from grace through failed business ventures and ridiculous statements to the media. (If you think back to when Ronaldo was leaving Utd he said: "Ronaldo says he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, let's see if he's serious.")

One thing I will say in Kenwrights defence was MAYBE it wasn't his call, around the same time we had the 'exclusivity deal' with Kirkby and that could have been why "No encouragement" was given? He was even interviewed a few years later and stated "We could have been City if we had a new stadium."

None of the above matters of course, just sharing as it's absolutely first hand.

Roll on next season.

'no encouragement to proceed' because of the ground situation and other factors,as you say, but not simply because those with an immovable anti Kenwright stance/agenda say 'Bill turned down the Sheik'..that plainly was not the case. As you say,Mansour is a shrewd top of the class operator,and saw what could be done at City. Shinwatra was essentially a sham, and promised money to City which was never forthcoming,in fact another City director(you will know this) paid wages etc for two months at least while Shiniwatra was trying to 'get funds released'. Shiniwatra then had to offload City quickly, and Mansour was looking for an opportunity. There were probably other clubs that Mansoor had looked at and received 'no encouragement to proceed'..it doesn't mean somebody just said no, it means that the circumstances gave Mansoor no encouragement.

People shouldn't forget his tenure running the club. 2 years without a signing. You don't know how good you've got it.

Imagine getting the golden ticket and finishing 4th, only to think investment meant providing minimal funds for: Neville, Shandy, Davies and Koldrup.

Just as well seeing as we didn't actually qualify for the Champions League wasn't it?

Yeah spend loads and don't get to the competition that would fund these purchases. Brilliant idea!

Thank god we had someone in charge who did not risk our future on such things eh?

He's fronted EFC for what seems like forever but I still can't work out what he actually brings to the club.

Definitely not a fan of the man. That video of him way back in 2007 pushing for the move to Kirkby by telling us Goodison will soon lose it's safety certificate sums him up.

You know all that Everton in the Community stuff and the ex players thing we run? The times were he has represented us brilliantly at the Hillsborough memorial and the stuff where we always seem to come off as a thoroughly decent family club? All that.

He aint perfect, nobody said he was, and yes he has got things wrong but anybody who doubts that he has the best interests of the club at heart needs to have a word with themselves.

That plane thing still makes me cringe.

Roll on next season.

To who exactly?
There you go mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.