Homepage Update: Mayor's Bramley Moore Dock Open Letter To Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, why do you support everton? Seriously because you literally do nothing but moan about ever aspect of it.

We dont buy players, you moan about no players coming in. We bring players in you moan about how its just the lukaku money being spent. We bring players in you moan about net profit. Moshiri clears the club of 80 million pounds of debt (the same way the chelsea and man citys owners have done) and you moan its classed as a intrest free loan. We have a new stadium in the works, in a amazing location and you moan that you dont like the architect, the fact Moshiri is not going to be here in a decade and that all he wants to do is sell us on for a profit at his first chance. He got rid of martinez because he was going to get us relegated. Even though it would cost the club 12 million and got a good and highly respected manager in that cost alot of money to do so.

In 18 months since Moshiri came on board this club has gone from a mid table joke on a downward trajectory. To a team is getting a new stadium, spending big on players, with a good manager and actually looking to be a team that stands up and ready to make the leauge take notice. Not to mention that we are improving with things like global marketing and increase of revenue with sponsorship deals.

What do you want from everton? Because as far as I can tell its not to support it.
Because he was born a blue.

A crappy little photoshop/paint job that serves the purpose of explaining how our stadium will look like before, during and after the Commonwealth Games:

2yxkl11.jpg

lol lol lol lol lol

As I see it, the problem with having a track is the length, not the width. In a nutshell it means either one or both ends of BMD will need to be compromised, or some sort of architectural wizardry.
Whatever way you look at it, we now know why the council was eager to jump on this project.

Edit: I think this will be built like The Etihad. BMD Stadium will be built with one end being temporary. having the CWG, a permanent end will be erected. I can't see any other way.

If Liverpool doesn't win the bid, then the permanent end will be built anyway.

The sides will be close to the pitch as they are having the jumping events that are normally outside the athletics bowl at another venue although I still have concerns about the impact on the steepness of the side stands. The ends are the big problem though. Perhaps they could have the main home end as close to the pitch as legally allowable and then have the second end miles back. You could have the away fans in this stand. So you will have 3 close to the pitch and one miles away containing the away fans so they can't impact the game.

Would be surprised if they do a temporary stand as that would not tie with the little information that has been shared. The comments make it clear that we will be in the stadium before the games, that the council are not funding and that the design is not being compromised. If there is a temporary stand surely that would have to be funded for the council and if there is a temporary stand it is clear the design has compromised for athletics.

If you read The dan Meis details out the new Roma stadium he talks about 'intimacy' and 'home field advantage' but the reality is the distances from the pitch are larger than at the new Spurs stadium

He's an Architect not a magician of course the design will be compromised and different to one that wouldn't have to accommodate a track. We should tell Liverpool City Council to stick it where the sun don't shine I have no faith in them to do a good job, none whatsoever. Why should they dictate to us ? it's our ground isn't it.
We aren't at all but carry on

Can't see why they don't go regenerate Stonebridge Cross for this. A area in desperate need of a catalyst for regeneration.

It would have made the bid less sexy if the docks were not the centre piece probably resulting in the city losing out to Birmingham.

No doubt that the financing arrangement was dependent on a design that could accomodate athletics

The sides will be close to the pitch as they are having the jumping events that are normally outside the athletics bowl at another venue although I still have concerns about the impact on the steepness of the side stands. The ends are the big problem though. Perhaps they could have the main home end as close to the pitch as legally allowable and then have the second end miles back. You could have the away fans in this stand. So you will have 3 close to the pitch and one miles away containing the away fans so they can't impact the game.

Would be surprised if they do a temporary stand as that would not tie with the little information that has been shared. The comments make it clear that we will be in the stadium before the games, that the council are not funding and that the design is not being compromised. If there is a temporary stand surely that would have to be funded for the council and if there is a temporary stand it is clear the design has compromised for athletics.

If you read The dan Meis details out the new Roma stadium he talks about 'intimacy' and 'home field advantage' but the reality is the distances from the pitch are larger than at the new Spurs stadium

Iirc, the jumping events will be held at another location so it won't be as wide as say Glasgow.
I think you are on the right track (pun) with regard to one end being designed to accommodate a track. Anderson speaks as if by luck and due to the Meis design, that a track can be dropped in. I think the ability for the stadium to have a track was a pre-requisite long before stadium concepts were introduced. That irks me.

Status
Not open for further replies.