Lukaku's replacement ?

Go on then, who wouid you like ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he would laugh his head off at us.
Then what is the point in us?

No wonder we're laughed at and no players think we're worth sticking around when our own fans have the same opinion.

When Man City got taken over, they went in for: Gomez, Robinho, Berbatov and more. They were 10th!

Most pointless takeover in making us nowhere near better, it seems.

There's no direct replacement Rom for out there that would want to come to us whilst we're 7th with just Europa League to offer IMO

We're going to need to get someone competant in and bring quality in elsewhere in the side, with hope that this will offset has lack of goals by finding them elsewhere on the park

I'm confident that Koeman will have a plan b tactically which takes into account there being no Rom, and he'll know the type of player he needs for that

Anyone expecting a big name replacement for Rom is going to be disappointed I fear

This will be a summer dominated by steady transfers that will strengthen us overall but probably not excite either

No wonder we're laughed at and no players think we're worth sticking around when our own fans have the same opinion.

When Man City got taken over, they went in for: Gomez, Robinho, Berbatov and more. They were 10th!

The main problem is that that sort of player will just have better options than us. Sadly.

When City did their thing it was a very different time and to be honest even more money.

Players don't always go for the biggest wedge these days. They're not arsed if it's £200k or £240k a week. It's still a massive wage. And lots of teams can offer it now.

For us to even get close to that sort of player I think, and it's just my opinion, it would need to be a slow build over time. Not just going out offering gazzilions to players who won't even entertain coming here. That's just a massive waste of time.

The main problem is that that sort of player will just have better options than us. Sadly.

When City did their thing it was a very different time and to be honest even more money.

Players don't always go for the biggest wedge these days. They're not arsed if it's £200k or £240k a week. It's still a massive wage. And lots of teams can offer it now.

For us to even get close to that sort of player I think, and it's just my opinion, it would need to be a slow build over time. Not just going out offering gazzilions to players who won't even entertain coming here. That's just a massive waste of time.
We tried buying massively above our level last summer (apparently) and we had no luck. We may pinch one player from under the noses of the teams above us and i'd still like to see us try to make a big statement signing but realistically right now we should be trying to unearth hidden gems, taking the quality players from the teams above us who want to move to secure more playing time - we shouldn't be missing out on players to the likes of Stoke or West Ham! and we should be targeting the best of the level below the top top level - if that makes sense.

Please can people stop comparing us to when City got taken over; it's a completely different situation!

We've gone from a skint club to a richer club but we're not a powerhouse. Small steps not giant leaps off a cliff.

We're roughly 18 months into what could be a multiple year project

Right now we're seventh and we can't offer any more money than the six teams already ahead of us, so naturally the top players will want to go to them over us at this stage

Back when City had their take over, probably the only other club that could match hem financially were Chelsea. Now with the TV deal, everyone has money. Bournemouth are spending millions and offering players like Defoe big contracts FFS, let alone the top sides

Having money is not enough for the best players, they want to win stuff and play in the Champions League and, rightly or wrongly, we live in a "now, now, now!!!" culture, which means that a lot of these top players want to walk into an already successful side rather than getting on board with a project and grafting

Back when City got minted, if you wanted huge money then it was Chelsea, Bayern, Real Madrid or City. Those were your options. These days you can get a decent wedge from so many more teams, so of course those top players are naturally going to be much pickier

So that leaves us with the players who aren't quite at that top level but will be prepared to knuckle down and do the hard graft which is required to get us out of the "best of the rest" bracket and in amongst the actual top teams

People thinking we can just spend money and be right up there are sadly only going to be disappointed. This is going to take time and there's going to be plenty of frustration along the way. The conditions which allowed City to do what they did no longer exist, which means we're going to have go about this differently

A better team to model ourselves off is Tottenham, who have been gradually climbing the ladder over a 5-7 year period, which numerous ups and downs along the way. But now they have a great team, with a new stadium and they're genuine title contenders. That's what we're going to have to try to emulate, because we sadly can't Chelsea or City this. More's the pity

Please can people stop comparing us to when City got taken over; it's a completely different situation!

We've gone from a skint club to a richer club but we're not a powerhouse. Small steps not giant leaps off a cliff.
Please inform our chairman then.

He said we can get any player who we want, as long as they want to come to us.

Let's put that to the test.

Also, I keep asking this and I'm yet to have a reply, why did they say that '#nothingwillbethesameagain'?

Also, I keep asking this and I'm yet to have a reply, why did they say that '#nothingwillbethesameagain'?

Because it won't be the same again, we aren't going to be routing round for the Arteta money. It all depends on how you interpret what "the same" actually is.

And you also shot yourself in the foot there - we probably can afford anyone we want. But players like Morata DO NOT want to come here. I don't blame them. Why leave Real Madrid for Everton at the minute?

Because it won't be the same again, we aren't going to be routing round for the Arteta money. It all depends on how you interpret what "the same" actually is.

And you also shot yourself in the foot there - we probably can afford anyone we want. But players like Morata DO NOT want to come here. I don't blame them. Why leave Real Madrid for Everton at the minute?

Are you sure about that? We only seem to sign players when we sell first.

How will we know unless we try?

Offer him more money that the other teams are.

The marketing department thought it sounded good, so they marketed it, just like every other piece of marketing that has ever been created

Just like how Guinness' marketing tag line was "it's good for you" or when New Labour said "things can only get better" or when Yorkie said "it's not for girls" or KFC said it was "finger lickin' good"

It's marketing, it sounded good, they went with it

It baffles me why you think purely money, in a time where every club can offer loads, is going to tempt a player.

Morata can get more at United etc. than us for an example. Even if we offer say £20k more p/week he still wouldn't pick us.

The marketing department thought it sounded good, so they marketed it, just like every other piece of marketing that has ever been created

Just like how Guinness' marketing tag line was "it's good for you" or when New Labour said "things can only get better" or when Yorkie said "it's not for girls" or KFC said it was "finger lickin' good"

It's marketing, it sounded good, they went with it
It doesn't sound good if they don't follow through on it, which they haven't.

The fans are the ones who have been fed all this bollocks, and I think it is now about time we hold the board accountable for it.

We did that with Witsel, and he didn't come, and he's less of a star than Morata is

I suppose bidding for Morata wouldn't hurt, but there's always risk that he turns us down and that hurts us going after other targets, as him turning us down might put them off coming in also, although that's not for certain

It's all about ascertaining risk and then deciding whether you want to chance it

Status
Not open for further replies.