Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point however on The blue room podcast Matt Cheetham said the difference is marginal this does have elements of firminio v lukaku. Sigggurdson has created 24 chances from Open play this season Barkley 83.

I'd take siggursdon all day his set pieces are amongst the best in the world however he isn't a replacement or a play maker in any way.

Also a cautionary note Lorente is pretty much the best attacking header of the ball in the league 8 of siggursdon assists-come from his goals.

It would be nice if we could get 2 new centre halfs who can ensure siggursdson set peice delivery is fully utilised although jags hasn't done a bad job in the opposition box lately he won't be first choice next year.

I mentioned this point the other day and was largely disagreed with. From open play, Barkley has been far, far more creative. Sigurdsson would improve us about a billion per cent from set pieces, but I think people are overestimating his ability generally

It's only 6 assists to Llorente though, I think

Hi, some update from Belgium, with comments from Herman Van Holsbeek, Anderlecht's sport manager:
{link removed due to spam)

"Youri Tielemans devrait nous quitter dans les deux semaines", a dit Van Holsbeeck. "On parle de Monaco mais ce n'est pas encore fait et ce n'est pas le seul club intéressé. Les choses pourraient encore bouger d'ici là."

I try to translate (sorry for my english if there are some mistakes): "Tielemans should leave in the next two weeks. There are talks about Monaco but it's not done yet and it's not the only club interested. Things could still change until then."

So there is still a little hope for Everton. On other targets mentionned here, Van Holsbeeck says that Anderlecht agreed with Kara Mbodji in january to let him go in the summer if a good offer is made, and he is adament that Dendoncker is staying next season.

I mentioned this point the other day and was largely disagreed with. From open play, Barkley has been far, far more creative. Sigurdsson would improve us about a billion per cent from set pieces, but I think people are overestimating his ability generally

It's only 6 assists to Llorente though, I think
Cheers thought it was 8. People need to see past the whole Ross v siggursdon debate both is the way forward.

Utopia would then be a real flyer for the wide forward role in the mane mould wether that be Sandro or the Nigerian lad playing in Belgium. This would provide us with options for certain games to move siggursdon or Barkley Inside.

Personally I'd like an actual playmaker in the mould of silva mata ozil but to play centrally not a fan of schnierdlin gueye & Davies in the long term far to sterile with limited creativity struggle for 10 goals & assist combined from them 3 need more than that to break top 4 long term.

Mertens has a £24 million release clause in his new contract......but is 30.
I think that's too high a price for us given that he's 30. we will need to spend to improve many positions in the team and the fact is we have to watch how much we are allowed to spend to adhere to PL rules.

Mertens has a £24 million release clause in his new contract......but is 30.

Yup, but the report is that the release clause only activates next summer mate - he will be 31 then so thats him at Napoli for his career unless it's just to protect his value for a sale this summer

I think that's too high a price for us given that he's 30. we will need to spend to improve many positions in the team and the fact is we have to watch how much we are allowed to spend to adhere to PL rules.

£24m for a 30yr old Mertens, or £25m for a 26yr old Bolasie.

Which one I would go for? Not sure...

It sets the tone for damaging conversations were Southampton and utter crap like that are compared to us in tv/radio debates though. Then you get laughable conversations were teams like Leeds who have spent half of their history in the lower divisions referred to as a big club by the press, whereas us we've spent 114 seasons in the top league, being questioned. It does the club no favours and that's why we're always called out by no mark clubs supporters, negativity on the drip has an effect.

but in my view, anyone who thinks like that is a moron and isn't worth listening to. Not really sure there's much we can do to make them understand, because they're a bit simple to understand, 5 minutes of reading up would make them understand.

Still be an incredible signing, if available we should do it without hesitation.

If that's true I'd throw £24m at them before they had chance to blink, 30 or not that's well worth it.

Interesting if he does move this summer, if so then Napoli have just done a great job 'protecting' his value by getting that new contract signed

Still be an incredible signing, if available we should do it without hesitation.

Well he would 100% be gone next summer with a 24m release clause - even at just turned 31 by then you'd imagine

So Guess Napoli would be asking to closer to 35-40m to let him go this summer, then again their owners a fruit loop

Status
Not open for further replies.