"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Telfer was an enigma used to live around the corner from my no wife my late father in law stated he never had a football out of his hands at the age of 5 onwards always playing the game.
not the worse winger we have ever had!
Joe Boulton Sunderland yard dog took him out right in front of me at Roker Park in 1976. Thought he had killed him!!! He was in good form for the first time around then but was never quite the same after that. I have a soft spot for Sunderland but that one was a shocker. We won 1-0, Ronnie Goodlass scored direct from a corner!!!

Joe Boulton Sunderland yard dog took him out right in front of me at Roker Park in 1976. Thought he had killed him!!! He was in good form for the first time around then but was never quite the same after that. I have a soft spot for Sunderland but that one was a shocker. We won 1-0, Ronnie Goodlass scored direct from a corner!!!
Sure I remember hearing he(George Telfer) had one leg a couple of inches longer than the other,or did I dream that?lol

Could be mate. He had an odd loping run.

Can't remember much about George other than two derby games at the other place I attended as a kid,I think Alec Lindsay kicked seven shades of you know what out of young Georgie in one game,and in the other the infamous last minute Fairclough winner game,he clipped the post early on with a great curling effort,this could all be utter tosh but I'm sure someone might verify it happenedlol

Can't remember much about George other than two derby games at the other place I attended as a kid,I think Alec Lindsay kicked seven shades of you know what out of young Georgie in one game,and in the other the infamous last minute Fairclough winner game,he clipped the post early on with a great curling effort,this could all be utter tosh but I'm sure someone might verify it happenedlol
I was at the Fairclough one and remember the injustice of the result but can't remember any specifics! Grand National day morning, bright and sunny. David Fairclough grrrrrrrrr!!