Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said before, stats like that mean nothing to me. They are just numbers.

Just from a simple eye test. He looks finished (when he actually plays).

I do find it odd that we seem to be turning our nose up at players who are "not good enough for a team challenging the top 4" yet lots of us seem chuffed at the thought of signing a bloke who in 2017 is not good enough for a team challenging the top 4.

You'd make a great barrister then.

You cant make absolute statements like "zero evidence" to people that are clearly based on opinion & expect to be taken seriously.

I'd rather play Lookman. Or some hungry kid from the lower leagues. Take off the blue tinted specs and it's the same thing. Save us a lot of money and frustration down the line when people realise it's not the second coming they want to make out it's going to be.

Maybe we should have a bit of dignity as a club. The time for Rooney to come back (and it making any sense) was 5-7 years ago, but obviously we didn't have any money back then. That's when Rooney could have have made a statement and said, "Yeah, I'm a REAL Evertonian!"

People want him back now. When there are better options. Lol... How's that for ambition.

I would only take him as a squad player but sadly I think Koeman would see him as a first teamer due to his name. If we got Rooney and shoved him out wide/in the hole and Southampton go and sign Sigurdsson I'll be fuming.

If he's on something like 150K a week and we pay a nominal fee, he's going to make that back in just shirt sales alone like

I can't see that, most Evertonians I don't don't buy shirts, those that do hardly put a players name on it. The United fans around the world who buy Rooney's stuff will move onto to whoever they buy this year.

I can't see the shirt sales justifying £150k a week, that's before you bring whatever deal we have with kitbag into it.

I can't see that, most Evertonians I don't don't buy shirts, those that do hardly put a players name on it. The United fans around the world who buy Rooney's stuff will move onto to whoever they buy this year.

I can't see the shirt sales justifying £150k a week, that's before you bring whatever deal we have with kitbag into it.

In my eyes, casuals will go nuts for Rooney Everton shirts, especially if he does well and we have a good season

From a solely business perspective, there's some merit to the idea

From an on the pitch perspective though, questions will rightly be asked

I actually think we'd market it well though with the new lot in charge

Status
Not open for further replies.