Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't get me wrong mate, I know full well he's not up to Premier League football week in, week out - but neither was Ronaldo when he was constantly rolling around on the floor and getting kicked from pillar to post.

He needs it coaching into him, with an arm around the shoulder. He seems like the kind of bloke who wants to be told he's the best thing since sliced bread, and nobody wants to placate him. Martinez did for the first half of last season and look what happened - he got the most assists in the League and we were all bricking ourselves thinking Barca were going to prise him away.

I wouldn't give up on the boy just yet.

Sums up my view.

I reckon most of us are agreed he's got the ability, it's the consistency of his performance and his durability that frustrates. I'd rather see his potential develop at Everton - he's a confidence player, no doubt about that. There is a place for his flair in the squad. I thought he was unlucky not to get an extended run wide right after playing an unfamiliar role up front in Dresden and against Spurs. We know his faults but he has that magic many of the others lack. Not sure he is Barca first team material currently or a given starter here but I don't want to write his Everton career off at this stage.

It's just odd that anything talented now we're losing for whatever reason or struggling to keep hold - Stones, Rom, Ross, Del and they're all heading off to big sides.

Were as we'll be stuck with Bolasie, Lennon, Williams etc

When did we sell Rom and Ross? Gutted here.

It's just odd that anything talented now we're losing for whatever reason or struggling to keep hold - Stones, Rom, Ross, Del and they're all heading off to big sides.

Were as we'll be stuck with Bolasie, Lennon, Williams etc
I'd also add that Dowell being shuffled down the order of academy players getting their chance underlines the trend toward hard work over inspiration.

Paper lungs won't be coming back here and won't be playing in Barca's first 11. He'll fade into obscurity in Italy or the Lowe rechelons of La Liga and morph into Mirallas.

He's not good enough for the current Everton squad. That's the truth David. Dress it up however you wish. The boy hasn't got the required application to be a success in the Premier League. Just how it is.

davek knows that's the truth, he just won't admit it because it's a player who was brought in by martinez and cast aside by koeman (rightfully), but he likes things to beat koeman with so he'll say he is good enough. Deula did nothing good all season for us, he's done about 5 good things in 3 years.

He's 23 and now establishing himself at a top European football club, and getting a Spanish cap.

As for consistency, outside of Robben I cant think of one winger who can week in week out maintain a consistent threat. It's the nature of the position.

Your's and others argument on Deulofeu would stand up to rigour a lot more if £27M hadn't been spent on a winger who is atrocious.

Bolasie is totally irrelevant to any discussion here. Ged was sent out on loan after Bolasie got a major injury so its not a case of one being favoured ahead of the other.

Oh and point of order here, Ac Milan are not a top European club currently, they have not been for a while. Good for him though, if he is doing well for Milan and Spain then nice one. Still doesn't alter the fact that he wasn't doing much for us.

I'd also add that Dowell being shuffled down the order of academy players getting their chance underlines the trend toward hard work over inspiration.

I see a day coming, two or three years down the line, when the incoming Barca manager has rebuilt the team and in place of MSN they have Gerald and a couple other superstars rampaging through the CL and La Liga.....but fellows will still be on GOT sagely pontificating about how "that Doolafoo la', paper lungs 'im.......it's easy enough being brilliant in Spain but bah gum, he weren't good enough for Everton and just wasn't cut out for cold winter nights in West Bromwich....." :pint2:

Mark me, Dave.....that day will come :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.