Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not good enough for the current Everton squad. That's the truth David. Dress it up however you wish. The boy hasn't got the required application to be a success in the Premier League. Just how it is.

He's too mercurial for it.

Only dullards are welcome now it seems. No place for flair...and if there is it has to be neutered as per Barkley.

He's 23 and now establishing himself at a top European football club, and getting a Spanish cap.

As for consistency, outside of Robben I cant think of one who can week in week out maintain a consistent threat. It's the nature of the position.

Your's and others argument on Deulofeu would stand up to rigour a lot more if £27M hadn't been spent on a winger who's is atrocious.
I can't see how my argument against keeping Del is a defence of spending £27M on Bolasie who I'm yet to be convinced by.

He's not good enough for the current Everton squad. That's the truth David. Dress it up however you wish. The boy hasn't got the required application to be a success in the Premier League. Just how it is.

The squad, yes - the first 11? not at the moment, although on the form he had early last year he'd be one of the first on the team sheet.

Did I miss the part where AC Milan were suddenly some great side? Aren't they 6th or 7th in Serie A, which frankly, is not as difficult as the EPL.

And if he was good enough to play in Spain, he'd be PLAYING IN SPAIN. He's not.

Bolaisse and Mirallas could certainly play for the current AC Milan team. Easily.

The squad, yes - the first 11? not at the moment, although on the form he had early last year he'd be one of the first on the team sheet.
He's got bags of ability. Proper magic in his boots. The harsh reality though is the premier league, on a week to week basis, is beyond him and his capabilities. Be that through lack of application or desire or whatever I dont know, what I do know after watching football for over 40 yrs is he's not what we need. Thanks and good luck Gerri.

He's got bags of ability. Proper magic in his boots. The harsh reality though is the premier league, on a week to week basis, is beyond him and his capabilities. Be that through lack of application or desire or whatever I dont know, what I do know after watching football for over 40 yrs is he's not what we need. Thanks and good luck Gerri.

don't get me wrong mate, I know full well he's not up to Premier League football week in, week out - but neither was Ronaldo when he was constantly rolling around on the floor and getting kicked from pillar to post.

He needs it coaching into him, with an arm around the shoulder. He seems like the kind of bloke who wants to be told he's the best thing since sliced bread, and nobody wants to placate him. Martinez did for the first half of last season and look what happened - he got the most assists in the League and we were all bricking ourselves thinking Barca were going to prise him away.

I wouldn't give up on the boy just yet.

I think this too, but then sometimes I get suckered in and think the loan spell might do him good and he comes back a better player.

No doubting the Italian league may be more suited for him. Less physical, less competitive and not as many decent sides to play against on a week to week basis.

He's 23 and now establishing himself at a top European football club, and getting a Spanish cap.

As for consistency, outside of Robben I cant think of one winger who can week in week out maintain a consistent threat. It's the nature of the position.

Your's and others argument on Deulofeu would stand up to rigour a lot more if £27M hadn't been spent on a winger who is atrocious.

Sane.

He is a player.

I can't see how my argument against keeping Del is a defence of spending £27M on Bolasie who I'm yet to be convinced by.
Well presumably you're backing the judgement of the manager who both loaned out Deulofeu and brought in Boilasie? That's how the issues relate.

Did I miss the part where AC Milan were suddenly some great side? Aren't they 6th or 7th in Serie A, which frankly, is not as difficult as the EPL.

And if he was good enough to play in Spain, he'd be PLAYING IN SPAIN. He's not.

Bolaisse and Mirallas could certainly play for the current AC Milan team. Easily.
No, he cant be good enough to play for a Spanish league team if he plays for the national team can he?

*sigh*

Well presumably you're backing the judgement of the manager who both loaned out Deulofeu and brought in Boilasie? That's how the issues relate.
Ergo, another manager deems Gerri not up to scratch. The latest in an ever increasing line. Hey ho.

Status
Not open for further replies.