5 games to go - as good as it gets or can it be maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think a large part of why we've turned the corner was down to Bolasie getting injured. We had no long out ball when that happened and he had to rely on these players doing what they do best, and that is to possess the ball a lot more then move it on. The tempo has been improved but imo this IS NOT the Koeman game plan. His team at Southampton weren't playing like this and his team at Feyenoord weren't.

Be interesting to see how he buys in the summer and what happens when Bolasie is back.

I think Lukaku and Kev are equally as good out balls as Bolasie.
Losing Gana and acquiring Morgan required him to change things up, there was also the purging of the squad at Christmas but this only came after most had been given some sort of a chance.

The fact that Koemans style has evolved/adapted/changed from previous jobs shows that his game plan can change and that he is a flexible and pragmatic manager who is capable of applying a dynamic formula. The long term affect remains to be seen.

I do agree that it will be interesting to see who we go for in the summer and what happens when Bolasie comes back. I do think we have a director of football for all that though. At the moment I'm letting myself be optimistic

For ages I've thought seventh was the best we could finish, but Arsenal seem hell bent on cocking their season right up. I don't think it'll happen, but if we get into a position where we go to the Emirates knowing a win puts us above them, then stranger things have happened, though, sadly not with us at the Emirates.

Arsenals players have downed tools to all appearances mate, with 4th not looking possible for them, the one thing that could have got some performances from them has gone too

I think Lukaku and Kev are equally as good out balls as Bolasie.
Losing Gana and acquiring Morgan required him to change things up, there was also the purging of the squad at Christmas but this only came after most had been given some sort of a chance.

The fact that Koemans style has evolved/adapted/changed from previous jobs shows that his game plan can change and that he is a flexible and pragmatic manager who is capable of applying a dynamic formula. The long term affect remains to be seen.

I do agree that it will be interesting to see who we go for in the summer and what happens when Bolasie comes back. I do think we have a director of football for all that though. At the moment I'm letting myself be optimistic
A post-Lukaku era will tax any Everton manager. If that happens we can forget about progress IMO. He'll be back to playing a Pelle type as he did at both Feyenoord and Southampton. That'll test everyone's patience I can tell you.

I think you've nabbed my happy pills Dave. Nice to see you cheery. I actually agree with some you've said for once too! Now I need to go lie down and let that sink in. Nice thread.

A post-Lukaku era will tax any Everton manager. If that happens we can forget about progress IMO. He'll be back to playing a Pelle type as he did at both Feyenoord and Southampton. That'll test everyone's patience I can tell you.
Like when they finished 5th last season in their highest top flight finish for 30 years you mean?

Booooorrrring.

Hoofball my hoop. You must be devastated he's just delivered our best run of home form for 27 years.

8 wins, 29 goals, 6 conceded and 5 clean sheets in 2017, suck it up.
Not a record that means too much. All about points totals and league positions for me. We won't be beating any recently set records on that score, let me assure you.

Without Lukakus goals we are bang average, and I think we all know it. He's inherited that player and when he goes I don't fancy him to spend the money wisely on a forward given the £37m he's wasted on Bolasie and Lookman.

I actually think a large part of why we've turned the corner was down to Bolasie getting injured. We had no long out ball when that happened and he had to rely on these players doing what they do best, and that is to possess the ball a lot more then move it on. The tempo has been improved but imo this IS NOT the Koeman game plan. His team at Southampton weren't playing like this and his team at Feyenoord weren't.

Be interesting to see how he buys in the summer and what happens when Bolasie is back.

You are literally the only person who would think in this way because of your agenda. Koeman has done a fantastic job this season with pretty limited resources and starting from a very low base because of El Fraudo. Any uptick in our form following Bolasie's injury is purely coincidental. The emergence of Davies, the development of Barkley and the purchase of Schneiderlin are the main reasons for the improvement together with improved fitness and confidence. No reason to think we wouldn't have done even better if Bolasie was fit, no objective reason that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.