Top Four Possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at uniteds remaining fixtures and the possibility they will really prioritise Europa top 6 may be on!

We seem to be winning games and no one else seems to be playing and we're still below them all an they all seem to have 2-3 games in hand. It's just baffles me, almost seems like the top 6 are giving points just for being the top 6 without playing

We seem to be winning games and no one else seems to be playing and we're still below them all an they all seem to have 2-3 games in hand. It's just baffles me, almost seems like the top 6 are giving points just for being the top 6 without playing

Losses to Spurs, Liverpool and a draw to United will do that.

Win one of those and we'd be much more in the mix.

Exactly. That's the difference.

That and our period of awful form before Christmas. Left too much of a gap.

Yep, at one point we didn't even look favourites for 7th, that's how bad we slumped. We've done well to get out of it but in true Everton style left too much to do and bottled the key games we needed to win to overhaul the teams above us.

Yep, at one point we didn't even look favourites for 7th, that's how bad we slumped. We've done well to get out of it but in true Everton style left too much to do and bottled the key games we needed to win to overhaul the teams above us.

To be 10 points clear of 8th shows how well we've done. Given the shambles RonKo inherited we have to be pleased.

Next season we should be able to challenge higher. We have to. But as long as we're moving in the right direction I'm happy.

To be 10 points clear of 8th shows how well we've done. Given the shambles RonKo inherited we have to be pleased.

Next season we should be able to challenge higher. We have to. But as long as we're moving in the right direction I'm happy.

If we play like this at home next season we will challenge top 4 no question. It's a matter of mentality away from home. Do these players believe they can win or do they go just thinking that a draw is ok and they'll just win at Goodison. A couple of away draws to wins, not losing both derbies, and maybe a big result at a top 6 side, and we'd be up challenging in the top 4 next season no question.

That glass ceiling is annoyingly close yet annoyingly far away.

We need signings to get there and even if we spend the money it is not certain the very best players will come until we have top four already.

Think our best hope is Keane, Schneiderlin type of signings (several defenders and a goalkeeper needed), hope we don't lose Ross and Rom and have the difficulty of replacing them too, then we might just be able to do it.

Anyone suggesting top four should remind themselves that this team dont do pressure. Can you imagine these flat track bullies going out and playing well when something is ACTUALLY on the line rather than a series of dead matches?

We're 7th and I doubt given the points situation and games in hand held by United and Arsenal that is changing. We'd have to win all but one of our final matches to be in with a shout.

Anyone suggesting top four should remind themselves that this team dont do pressure. Can you imagine these flat track bullies going out and playing well when something is ACTUALLY on the line rather than a series of dead matches?

We're 7th and I doubt given the points situation and games in hand held by United and Arsenal that is changing. We'd have to win all but one of our final matches to be in with a shout.

Happy Monday morning Dave x

Status
Not open for further replies.