New Everton Stadium Discussion

looks like the athletics will be at the new stadium,big joe has just been on city saying that he has an agreement with peel to let them build an athletes village next to the stadium if lpool gets the CG.

I should imagine though that it just means an athletics track can be added on and then taken away. Otherwise Meis would have had been given a totally different outline you'd imagine when it came to designing the stadium if a running track was included.

looks like the athletics will be at the new stadium,big joe has just been on city saying that he has an agreement with peel to let them build an athletes village next to the stadium if lpool gets the CG.
It's ok, it'll be like Hampden Park, and we all know that looks great once the track is covered......hold on.....

I should imagine though that it just means an athletics track can be added on and then taken away. Otherwise Meis would have had been given a totally different outline you'd imagine when it came to designing the stadium if a running track was included.

That's never been done before in an already built football stadium though. The track area is simply too big.

I'm not counting Hampden as it's oval shaped anyway.

That's never been done before in an already built football stadium though. The track area is simply too big.

I'm not counting Hampden as it's oval shaped anyway.

well let's hope Meis can be creative with the build to ensure there's a way around if it is indeed the case that our stadium would be used. I don't think we'll find one Evertonian who would be happy with a running track around the pitch

well let's hope Meis can be creative with the build to ensure there's a way around if it is indeed the case that our stadium would be used. I don't think we'll find one Evertonian who would be happy with a running track around the pitch

The way I see it is this:

1) Stadium built with a track. This will need removable tiers which would be very expensive or leave us with a non-football stadium. Think this is the least favoured option. Think London Stadium.

2) Part-built stadium with a track will delay our build and impact on design most likely. We end up with a football stadium at the end of the process though. Think Etihad.

3) Track built on stilts. Cannot see how this is possible whatsoever in a stadium with stands built around the pitch, the track area is simply too big. For an idea transpose an athletics track onto the Emirates or something, there'd be about 10 rows above the pitch or something and the exits etc must be factored in. Think Hampden but in a proper shaped stadium.

4) Intelligent design. Of course it's possible to have both a track and an intimidating stadium close to the pitch.......if you pay for it. Think Qatar.

There's so many unknowns still we're all just guessing but unless we increase costs substantially it's probably a fair assumption that football design may have to suffer.

You know what, mate - and I know the esk wont have this - but I struggle to believe that Moshiri isn't a glorified cats paw of Usmanov's.

No way does a feller like Usmanov hand over 10% of a massive business like Metalloinvest to a bean counter. It sounds most 'un-oligarchic' to me. That cash, imo, is parked with Moshiri. Everton - again imo - are just another Usmanov investment. I would not be at all surprised if this new stadium, if it ever sees the light of day, is built with his company's steel. Every which way Usmanov/Moshiri will gain from this BMD venture: they'll get the profit from a future club sale boosted into the stratosphere by a new stadium build on a world heritage site, and they'll probably be funders of it by loaning money to the club with interest on it coming back to them via the SPV...and they'll be involved in construction.

This will be a very nice earner for Moshiri and his boss. An elegantly constructed deal indeed.

hahaha, yeah mate all he's interested in is fleecing us for a profit via every angle, which is why he's virtually gifted us £5m a season to have a holding company name on Finch Farm.

Do you never tire of this desire to try and find a negative in literally everything related to EFC?

hahaha, yeah mate all he's interested in is fleecing us for a profit via every angle, which is why he's virtually gifted us £5m a season to have a holding company name on Finch Farm.

Do you never tire of this desire to try and find a negative in literally everything related to EFC?
You are very naive. You think people like Moshiri/Usmanov 'give away £5M' every season?

But ok...

You are very naive. You think people like Moshiri/Usmanov 'give away £5M' every season?

But ok...
What value is there from a marketing perspective in having a holding company name on a training ground?

A holding company isn't a 'brand' that needs or benefits from exposure.

Save the patronising 'naïve' comment as well Dave, it's not 'naive' to pour scorn on your latest tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

Don't get the hysteria about Moshiri wanting to make money (although I don't think this is his only goal, by any stretch).

If he turns us into a money-making, profit-turning outfit, as opposed to a loss making business - this is a good thing, no?

If Moshiri got into a position whereby he could sell his shares at a huge profit, we should be pleased as he will have massively increased our net value and standing as a business, bearing in mind we were trying to sell the club for a decade, with no suitable takers.

I don't actually buy that as his main reason for investing in us, but not sure I'm that surprised by a business man trying to increase revenue streams by any and all means available.

*sends contribution to Birmingham's Commonwealth Games Campaign.

You know what, mate - and I know the esk wont have this - but I struggle to believe that Moshiri isn't a glorified cats paw of Usmanov's.

No way does a feller like Usmanov hand over 10% of a massive business like Metalloinvest to a bean counter. It sounds most 'un-oligarchic' to me. That cash, imo, is parked with Moshiri. Everton - again imo - are just another Usmanov investment. I would not be at all surprised if this new stadium, if it ever sees the light of day, is built with his company's steel. Every which way Usmanov/Moshiri will gain from this BMD venture: they'll get the profit from a future club sale boosted into the stratosphere by a new stadium build on a world heritage site, and they'll probably be funders of it by loaning money to the club with interest on it coming back to them via the SPV...and they'll be involved in construction.

This will be a very nice earner for Moshiri and his boss. An elegantly constructed deal indeed.

So let me get this straight, a real 'koff proper billionaire is getting his 'baby billionaire' mate to make a shed load of money by building us a riverside stadium and drag our business practices/marketing etc into the 21st century and as a poor 2nd prize ( the razzle in my pocket as the 2nd prize - ian drury and the blockheads) have a good go / try to get us into the top 4
SHAME
ON
HIM.
SHAME I SAY.