New Everton Stadium Discussion

The way that SVP or SPV or whatever it is is structured, it would be an ideal, and attractive way for an Insurance company, or companies, to effectively finance it, then receive copper bottomed guaranteed annual returns for 40 years.

I used to be pretty up to speed on commercial property finance/investment in a previous life, and stable, non voiding yields are the grail for them. In some ways, the more boring the better, which is the only difference here. But the result is identical.

And there could be other investors sitting outside the SPV, looking at it in a slightly different way, cos they could charge higher interest rates because of the non guarantee status they would "enjoy".

Time, as ever, will tell.
Do you think the mosh will pile further funds in on top of the loan too?

Do you think the mosh will pile further funds in on top of the loan too?

Not a clue mate. This £300m guarantee might be for just £300m, or it might be for the whole build, even if that is someway north of £300m.

And/or other investors will be more comfortable sitting outside it, (higher return/higher risk).

In theory, an insurance company could pay to build the whole lot, own it for 40 years with certain returns, and have it as part of a multi billion property portfolio.

Not a clue mate. This £300m guarantee might be for just £300m, or it might be for the whole build, even if that is someway north of £300m.

And/or other investors will be more comfortable sitting outside it, (higher return/higher risk).

In theory, an insurance company could pay to build the whole lot, own it for 40 years with certain returns, and have it as part of a multi billion property portfolio.
Fancy goinv halves?

Will the lenders be happy to lend 100% of the stadium costs or will they expect EFC to stump up some cash? Not sure how commercial loans work, but a 300m loan doesn't necessarily mean a 300m stadium.

No mention yet of naming rights, Illinois Blue. Say we get another £150 million. Makes a huge difference to what we can afford to build.

No mention yet of naming rights, Illinois Blue. Say we get another £150 million. Makes a huge difference to what we can afford to build.

I think the plan is to borrow the full amount of the build.
Problem will come when the build overshoots its budget as they always do on build this size.

A 10% over run is 30 million and the club will either have to stump it up or get the Vehicle investors to cough up more.

I don't know but it would make more financial sense to use the naming rights money for squad investment.

Naming rights payments are normally spread over a period of time e.g. 10 yrs so this money could be used for staggered payments or for players wages , and with Moshiri's contacts I think 150 million is a low target.
This takeover and all the financial dealings has Usmanov written all over it.

He has failed and will continue to fail to gain control at Arsenal and the supporters group will fail as well.

I can see him coming out of the shadows to take control of the club when the stadium is completed and the squad rebuilt

As it is his companies have already invested in Finch farm and that's no coincidence.

Usmanov by all accounts wants to be the next Abramovich and so far Arsenal has not worked out for him
A club with a new stadium and a squad in the top 6/7 and European maybe just what he's looking for.
Not as glamorous as London but he will make do.

I think the plan is to borrow the full amount of the build.
Problem will come when the build overshoots its budget as they always do on build this size.

A 10% over run is 30 million and the club will either have to stump it up or get the Vehicle investors to cough up more.

I don't know but it would make more financial sense to use the naming rights money for squad investment.

Naming rights payments are normally spread over a period of time e.g. 10 yrs so this money could be used for staggered payments or for players wages , and with Moshiri's contacts I think 150 million is a low target.
This takeover and all the financial dealings has Usmanov written all over it.

He has failed and will continue to fail to gain control at Arsenal and the supporters group will fail as well.

I can see him coming out of the shadows to take control of the club when the stadium is completed and the squad rebuilt

As it is his companies have already invested in Finch farm and that's no coincidence.

Usmanov by all accounts wants to be the next Abramovich and so far Arsenal has not worked out for him
A club with a new stadium and a squad in the top 6/7 and European maybe just what he's looking for.
Not as glamorous as London but he will make do.

Good post.

As you say, this Usnamov thing just wont go away. Others far more wise to the ways of high finance have explained how difficult it could be for him to extradite himself from Arsenal, and others have suggested that this arms length drip drip drip into us could be a strategy to spook Kroenke into something.

No idea what mind, but he, at the very least, knows exactly what is going on here. Guess the real question is, Why?

Good post.

As you say, this Usnamov thing just wont go away. Others far more wise to the ways of high finance have explained how difficult it could be for him to extradite himself from Arsenal, and others have suggested that this arms length drip drip drip into us could be a strategy to spook Kroenke into something.

No idea what mind, but he, at the very least, knows exactly what is going on here. Guess the real question is, Why?

This blog is written by an Arsenal supporter
Worth a read

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/angr...ton-deal-is-he-on-the-way-out-of-arsenal/amp/

Interesting perspective from an Arsenal Esk. Know their onions, and clubs, but ultimately the same conclusion. A big fat DUNNO.

You know what, mate - and I know the esk wont have this - but I struggle to believe that Moshiri isn't a glorified cats paw of Usmanov's.

No way does a feller like Usmanov hand over 10% of a massive business like Metalloinvest to a bean counter. It sounds most 'un-oligarchic' to me. That cash, imo, is parked with Moshiri. Everton - again imo - are just another Usmanov investment. I would not be at all surprised if this new stadium, if it ever sees the light of day, is built with his company's steel. Every which way Usmanov/Moshiri will gain from this BMD venture: they'll get the profit from a future club sale boosted into the stratosphere by a new stadium build on a world heritage site, and they'll probably be funders of it by loaning money to the club with interest on it coming back to them via the SPV...and they'll be involved in construction.

This will be a very nice earner for Moshiri and his boss. An elegantly constructed deal indeed.