Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's suited to the European Leagues but the Prem week by week is just too physically demanding for him.Proved at Seville that teams that play a high tempo pressing game are just not suited to his style.Fingers crossed we end up getting some decent money for him,even though the contract with Barcelona makes it complicated.

No. If the likes of Sane, Sterling, etc. can play in this league so can Deulofeu.

We have played 13,183 passes, 2,226 were considered long, 2,057 went backwards, so that means that roughly 7,000 passes went forward with a passing accuracy of 82%.

Hardly the stuff of long hopeful punts up field.

Compared to last season, when we made 23,888 passes, 88 were considered long, 21,455 went backwards and roughly 2,000 forward passes.
Love it when you fight stats with stats x

I thought it was discussed last year, that if Barca exercise the option for Del they have to play him, they cant turn around and sell him? If so, that does make it a little less likely they will use it, unless he REALLY lights it up.

I thought it was discussed last year, that if Barca exercise the option for Del they have to play him, they cant turn around and sell him? If so, that does make it a little less likely they will use it, unless he REALLY lights it up.
He could be a great option from the bench for them. It's crazy that he can't even play that role for us. It's such a shame that it looks like he's played his last game for us. He should be in our first 11 imo.

..I'm a fan but I think RK clearly isn't so that's probably the end of it as far as Deulofeu and Everton are concerned.
Precisely how I see it. Can't see any of the first team players he loaned out in January having any future here, all be gone in the summer or loaned out again next season.

Glad he's hitting some form.

Hopefully he keeps this up and he'll be given a chance in pre-season.

If indeed we get Europe, it'd be great to have him as an option.

Precisely how I see it. Can't see any of the first team players he loaned out in January having any future here, all be gone in the summer or loaned out again next season.

..like it or not like it, Koeman has certainly done a good job in moving players on that he doesn't want. In the modern game where many players are happy to sit on fat contracts that is an achievement in itself.

I can see Barcelona taking up the option, and then loaning him straight to Milan, with a fixed price purchase after the loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.