What should the new stadium look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the designs are mostly already complete and maybe were just waiting final confirmation on what was the total amount of land that EFC was available to negotiate from Peel, for example whether some or all of Nelson dock was in the deal.
As to the design itself, I'm not a bowl fan. I think they date relatively quickly.
Remember the walls, hydraulic tower and clock tower have to be taken into consideration so I think it may well be a retro four sided design in keeping with buildings like the Titanic hotel and the Albert dock but with many modern 21st Century twists. One thought I had was a ground floor like the Albert Dock with the massive iron pillars supporting brick archers. The pillars would be blue not red of course.

Another thought I had which I mentioned in the "new stadium discussion" thread was that instead of filling in the dock it would be cheaper to turn it into an underground car park and build the stadium on top.

new-dc-united-stadium-buzzard-point-630x407.png

I really like that Bordeaux's one, the outside wouldnt work on the windy see front but the inside is along the lines of what i hope we get.

One thought I had was a ground floor like the Albert Dock with the massive iron pillars supporting brick archers. The pillars would be blue not red of course.

So 1899. Let's build an innovative state-of-the-art stadium, fit for another century of top flight football, with a bunch of world-firsts, just like Goodison. Same for Liverpool docks, we don't need to hark back; let's look forward

Last edited:
So 1899. Let's build an innovative state-of-the-art stadium, fit for another century of top flight football, with a bunch of world-firsts, just like Goodison. Same for Liverpool docks, we don't need to hark back; let's look forward

I didn't mean just copy the Albert Dock and put a pitch on the inside. More a marriage of old style architecture with a nod to the surroundings and new state of the art design. I suppose something like the Lucas Oil Stadium but with some of the exterior showing some aspects of the dock buildings (same bricks, some features etc). Other parts of the stadium will have glass walls, elevated walkways etc.

It has been mentioned that it won't be like any other stadium in the UK so we will have to wait and see.

Four sides, tight to the pitch, different shaped/sized stands on as many sides as we can get away with and a recognisable "intimidating" home end. I wouldn't mind a kop style home end or perhaps two-tiered, similar to the gwladys.

And then just don't get too arty or experimental with the exterior. Make it new and spectacular, but make it Everton.

Steep, tall imposing stands. Four distinct sides. One "main" stand being bigger than others. A tiered stand behind the goal (like gwladys). Right on the pitch. Massive roof struts so looks industrial. All lit up from the outside. Blue seats. Ta.

May as well include plenty of obstructed view seats and cladding.

Lots of glass on the exterior, must light up at night like a blue beating heart, iconic and unmistakable as our home, leitch criss-cross design on the balconies. Littlewoods clock back in the corner.

I'd love an outside structure at ground level that is totally in keeping with the old school dock surroundings, even including huge clocks, flags, leith criss-cross engravings on the walls, legend statues, grand arch entrances etc - but then with an impressive, very modern industrial mesh structure of the stands/bowl rising out of the top - super modern emerging from, and respecting a glorious history.

Like Candlestick Park or Chicago field, only a lot more modern European style:

dsc_9856.jpg

Here is an original mock up of what the whole area could look like when complete (this is before our new stadium). Look at the clock tower. Now look at everything from the City Centre out towards Bramley Moore. The architecture is a mix of modern, with lots of glass, and brick. However I think to really stand out, the stadium is going to have to be more modern, with lots of glass, and light than fade into the landscape with dark brick.

Liverpool_Waters_1600_750_80.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.