Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
1479688.jpg

The dream team

Ha Ha. This feller at Barcelona.

About as likely as when the nobhead British media had Martinez going there. I suppose they need their talking point for the next 48 hours before the footy starts again.

They saw what he did at Valencia. There's no way they'd go for Koeman. No trophies in the past decade. I think Barcelona are looking for a bit better than that, tbh.

Performance over 38 games are not something you fluke.
Yes you can. Leicester are a perfect example of it. Loads of teams overachieve for a single season with new tactics and style only to be found out fairly quickly next season. Newcastle did it under Pardew a few years back to finish fifth, West Ham did it last season. It happens all the time.

About as likely as when the nobhead British media had Martinez going there. I suppose they need their talking point for the next 48 hours before the footy starts again.

They saw what he did at Valencia. There's no way they'd go for Koeman. No trophies in the past decade. I think Barcelona are looking for a bit better than that, tbh.

Barcelona's last 5 managers had won no trophies of worth (Martino had some in South America) before being hired.

The only way Koeman would get a shot at Barcelona would be if he is successful here.
We would need to win away for a start at the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and United.

So if he pushed us into the top 4 this season and then left for his dream job (I don't think they will approach him, but for arguments sake say),
then we will have achieved our objective of the first phase of making us a powerful club again.

We would also be a very attractive job to almost every manager in the game.

I expect Koeman to at least be here for the duration of his contract though.

David, enough of the nobhead comments eh - others have been asked/warned !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.