Top Four Possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we don't have too much strength in depth we need Ross, Rom, Tom, Joel and the defenders to stay fit. Then we need the team to go up a notch in ruthlessness, determination and scintillating play (in a similar way to the mid 80s team).

Do that and top 4 will happen if not this season then definitely next season.

It is simple mathematics, all we have to do is win every game, and the other teams ahead of us have to lose/draw most to all of their games. Easy as pie right?

Couldn't be easier.
6310162.jpg
It's so easy, a caveman could do it!

7 points off the pace and inferior goal difference, but Arsenal and the RS look to be in freefall mode. The way we are playing, picking up 8 points over 14 games? I'm not saying it's probable, but shouldn't we be setting our sights that high and not just saying "top 6".

There's not a match on our remaining fixture list we can't reasonably go into saying we can win. We won't win them all. Tottenham, RS, and Man U away will challenge us, but I say we can do it.

What say you?

There is an inferior mentality amongst our players when it comes to playing against the top sides away from home and I don't see that changing this season with the side we have. We will hopefully finish in the top 7 and there is a slim chance that we will put up a challenge for 6th place. There is no way we will achieve a top 4 finish in my opinion.

Our record against the better sides away from home is a disgrace and has been for 25-30 years. Last win at Anfield was 1999, we have 1 win in 25 years at Old Trafford, last win at Arsenal was 1996, and we haven't won at White Hart Lane since 2008. Realistically the best we will get is 1 win from 4 in those games which is not the return of a top 4 side.

I suppose the biggest challenge will be needing multiple teams to falter, but mathematically there isnt much difference between 5 points and 7 points. The way things are right now, if we make up the ground to get in 6th, we will be within a game of 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.