Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost three months to the day.

Boring as hell.

Mods - please put us out of our misery.

I think if it was a new poster they might have banned him a long time ago. But whatever Dave was in the past is long gone. He is an undisputable WUM now, and has no interest in supporting Everton or enjoying anything about us. I've seen actual Liverpool fans come on here and cause less aggravation for blues.

As for Rom, as ever, let's just enjoy his bossness and not worry about the future. And my oh my he is just boss.

I think if it was a new poster they might have banned him a long time ago. But whatever Dave was in the past is long gone. He is an undisputable WUM now, and has no interest in supporting Everton or enjoying anything about us. I've seen actual Liverpool fans come on here and cause less aggravation for blues.

As for Rom, as ever, let's just enjoy his bossness and not worry about the future. And my oh my he is just boss.

Its boring as hell.
The frequency of the posts are such that if hes placed on ignore you cant understand the thread.

Interesting stat on MOTD. 30 appearances against top 6 sides and only 3 goals. Probably down to the whole team struggling against those sides but even so.

Interesting stat on MOTD. 30 appearances against top 6 sides and only 3 goals. Probably down to the whole team struggling against those sides but even so.

Think they cherry picked that over the last 2 and a half seasons, which is mostly when we finished 11th and were terrible. I'm sure he scored a few against top 6 sides in his first season.

I also think it's a flawed statistic unless you're playing for one of the top 2 or 3 teams. Naturally we, being between 11th and now 7th in that time, aren't going to batter the top 6 like we might Sunderland or Bournemouth. And thus Rom is more likely to be isolated and getting fewer chances.

He's still managed some superb solo goals against top teams mind you. The one vs arsenal from the right wing and the Chelsea cup goal come to mind.

Perhaps, though he does miss a lot of presentable chances.

His consistency is improving though as is our overall play.

He is a top class player that we need to build around.

Think they cherry picked that over the last 2 and a half seasons, which is mostly when we finished 11th and were terrible. I'm sure he scored a few against top 6 sides in his first season.

I also think it's a flawed statistic unless you're playing for one of the top 2 or 3 teams. Naturally we, being between 11th and now 7th in that time, aren't going to batter the top 6 like we might Sunderland or Bournemouth. And thus Rom is more likely to be isolated and getting fewer chances.

He's still managed some superb solo goals against top teams mind you. The one vs arsenal from the right wing and the Chelsea cup goal come to mind.
Lies damn lies and statistics. I agree about picking and choosing but it still gives us a picture of where we have been against the top sides. I'd expect this stat to change now with our improving form and outlook.

I genuinely cant think of many chances he has missed since he has been at the club.

The cup semi last season was a shocker for him. But out of character. He has always been clinical, ludicrously so. That's why he's been scoring 20 plus goals for multiple seasons despite playing for a team who haven't finished in the top half of the table in that time.

The cup semi last season was a shocker for him. But out of character. He has always been clinical, ludicrously so. That's why he's been scoring 20 plus goals for multiple seasons despite playing for a team who haven't finished in the top half of the table in that time.

Fair play, yes the semi was a shocker. But that really was out of character.

Class striker.

He's hopeless and we should sell him...and he's not worth £40M...apparently.
That's the whole Lukaku conundrum in a nutshell, some weeks He's Big Vic on Valium...others he's a 90M+ super striker.

On the other hand, we've had all these mega buck offers for him...suitors lined up down the road.

So just where does the truth lie?

tbh, if he scores every week we won't care.

That's the whole Lukaku conundrum in a nutshell, some weeks He's Big Vic on Valium...others he's a 90M+ super striker.

On the other hand, we've had all these mega buck offers for him...suitors lined up down the road.

So just where does the truth lie?
He's got the potential to be a top top striker in the world. He's already one of the best strikers in the prem and he's still so young. We need him on a new contract asap. I think clubs like arsenal and man u will be having a proper look at him if he carries on developing like he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.