Club GM 4-1-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
why , after 8 or so months are we no clearer on a site, let alone a stadium announcement.

we either go all in for the docks or stop wasting everyones time and find somewhere else.
Eight months is no time at all. Could take years. Perl Holdings are notoriously difficult to negotiate with and will fight for every pound of flesh.
They can be massively litigious and have roughed up much bigger corporations than EFC.

What actions were you expecting from 6pm to 7:14pm

I was fully aware that this was a meeting that would contain words, were you expecting a dance routine?

...it's probably a bit of an anti-climax, there was an expectation that the Club would use the AGM to formally announce the waterfront stadium. I can understand those suspicious of positive claims because we've had positive claims before.

I suppose we all have to be patient but until we see visible progress it's human nature for some folk to be apprehensive.

Last edited:
"For me, the elephant in the room is the waterfront site. But, as somebody said, it’s a complex issue. The challenge with WHP, we wanted a site that could be regenerated. But there were all kinds of issues. But believe you and me, we tried. Everybody is working extremely hard to get the one we all want. On Friday, we announced £20m for a road directly into the dock site. The reality is, there is a railway station being built there. This is the most exciting opportunity this club has had in decades."
That sounds promising.

Jesus Christ. The club and joe Anderson have confirmed that the Docks is our PLAN A, PREFERRED OPTION! Building a stadium at waterfront site with limited transport access on land which is owned by a development company is always going to be difficult. The club is sensible to have a plan B and it gives us more bargaining power with Peel.

A ferrari is my plan A and preferred option, my plan B is a Skoda.

Funny how lots of positives are coming out tonight but still people feel the need to log on purely to be negative and call out other posters about what they may have said. Strange fan base.

I think it's natural to still question things when the utter knobheads that have run the club for years are generally still in place and have pulled the wool over our eyes loads of times before. It'll take a while to be fully trusting of the new regime.

...it's probably a bit of an ante-climax, there was an expectation that the Club would use the AGM to formally announce the waterfront stadium. I can understand those suspicious of positive claims because we've had positive claims before.

I suppose we all have to be patient but until we see visible progress it's human nature for some folk to be apprehensive.
Anti climax is what happens when there is no climax

Ante climax gets wiped off with a tissue

Status
Not open for further replies.