Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 39 20.6%
  • Koeman IN

Votes: 77 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it Messi? Because we're still waiting on McGeady to take the footballing world by storm

Close....Ronaldo (and koeman)

Memphis is known for his ability to cut inside, dribbling, distance shooting and ability to play the ball off the ground. His playing style has earned him acclaim, with fans, media and former players drawing comparison to Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo, who believes "Memphis is one of the best young players in the world.",[5] whileLouis Van Gaal, Ronald Koeman, Guus Hiddink, Arjen Robben, Marco van Basten, andWayne Rooney have stated "he will be the best in the world

Davies and Holgate should be in now.

I know it's United, but we need that pace and energy.

And, bloody hell, a change in system.

Stek

Coleman
Holgate
Williams
Funes Mori
Baines

Gueye
Davies
Barry / Barkley (I'm really unsure on that)

Bolasie
Lukaku

Get some support to Rom. Get some energy in the middle of the park.

And just mix it up a bit.
Last time we played a formation similar to that mate was Chelsea. Just saying.

Hindsight
It's a great thing
We'll probably never no if rhino would've done a better job
At this time of writing he could have no doubt
Here's hoping the team turns the corner
Hopefully against the sh*** for starters

Hang on?

When did i talk about Koeman in any way? I'm talking common sense here, 19 year old academy players are not suddenly ready to swap bolton's reserves for International footballers? That is the reality of it, not they magically get team ready, boltons or readings or even stokes reserves pale in comparison to playing against actually top level players.

Very very few players can actually just 'make it' as you seem to think half of our academy can do. So no, when clubs are lucky to get one first team player come through the academy and you expect us to bring 5 or 6 through, it is just realms better suited to video games.

I reckon we have 5 or 6 that will prove to be of premiership standard (either for us or someone else): Holgate and Davies certainly and then perm 3 or 4 from Galloway, Browning, Calvert Lewis, Connolly, Pennington, Dowell and anyone else I've forgotten.

Can anyone make a case for these players starting in front of the homegrown players (and kids brought in);

Jagielka
Oviedo
Gibson
Cleverley
McGeady
Lennon
Kone
Niasse
Valencia

Thats 9 players earning a salary who can easily be replaced by u21s imo and sold in Jan...even almost all can be given away.

Then;

Mirallas
Baines
Coleman
Barry
Stek
Joel

All of these 6 could be replaced by top players...with u21 lads on the bench as cover for the outfield positions.

Cant be any worse.

The side needs some pace and freshness which undoubtedly some youngsters would bring
I'm unsure of Dowell if I'm honest, he does labour on the ball a bit but then again it's quite the jump to senior football so I have no doubt I'm being harsh on him.
Davies deserves a shot. As much as I love GazBaz, he was really poor yesterday.
GazBaz is looking like Jags burnt out!

Memphis is known for his ability to cut inside, dribbling, distance shooting and ability to play the ball off the ground. His playing style has earned him acclaim, with fans, media and former players drawing comparison to Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo, who believes "Memphis is one of the best young players in the world.",[5] whileLouis Van Gaal, Ronald Koeman, Guus Hiddink, Arjen Robben, Marco van Basten, andWayne Rooney have stated "he will be the best in the world

Louis Van Gaal AND Ronald Koeman rate him. Wowzers!!

Professional managers and footballers have a long and distinguished history of being utterly clueless when it comes to rating other players. It's clear to most people that Depay is another inconsistent, fairweather sulk who doesn't have the spine to contribute to a successful team. We have too many of these types of players, why don't we start looking at buying winners instead of other team's castoffs?

Whilst I am a fan of some of the under 23's and I am a big fan of Unsworth we were soundly beaten by Norwich's under 23's about 3 weeks ago, with Kenny, Dowell, Calvert-Lewin and Browning all in the squad. Perhaps that means if Norwich had played their u23's last season they would have won the league?

Whose to say Unsworth would play many kids so far this season?

Id wager he would have had a style though and would gradually bring some young lads through...

then next season we could have a whole new look to our squad with some players kept, new players signed and young lads brought through.

There's no pressure being U23 manager, we don't know how good he is. If we approach him and say if you can find a job you want being first team coach then you have our blessing with a view to gaining experience to take the job here I think that would benefit all.

It's highly unlikely that he would go from league one/championship level to a man utd/Arsenal next, so we should still be his number 1 choice especially with the attachment to the club.

As per Royle with Oldham.

What would have happened if Barca did that with Pep?

I think the serioius side of this for me is that, though he got away with it at Southampton, Koeman cant be allowed to put our academy in mothballs.

That is part of our identity. Regardless of how much money we may have in the future to spend on players (IF we do) having kids break through from the club's own teams is essential to retain a feeling of who we are as a club.

The talent is there, Koeman has to be forced to play these youngsters. The owner has to impress that this is who we are as a club, and fans have to get after him over it. His comment post match yesterday in relation to Sims was a disgraceful bit of ignorance. He cant take us down that route - if he does he'll hollow us out into being just another identikit club, indistinguishable from other no mark organisations in this transfer merry-go-round Premier League.

I reckon we have 5 or 6 that will prove to be of premiership standard (either for us or someone else): Holgate and Davies certainly and then perm 3 or 4 from Galloway, Browning, Calvert Lewis, Connolly, Pennington, Dowell and anyone else I've forgotten.

Alot will be or are already good enough for the bench at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.