Match of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, it was was the 3 - 2 game against Wimbledon in 1994 for me.

I've never been through so many emotions in one game.

The bender I went on after always sticks in my mind too.

Lads hanging out of cars on Hardman St with Everton flags, horns blaring and the pubs packed with blues, not a RS in sight.
And d-ream "things can only get better" getting played in the royal oak, i got a lift home in a police car (bladdered) didnt get nicked the copper was a blue

Sorry, it was was the 3 - 2 game against Wimbledon in 1994 for me.

I've never been through so many emotions in one game.

The bender I went on after always sticks in my mind too.

Lads hanging out of cars on Hardman St with Everton flags, horns blaring and the pubs packed with blues, not a RS in sight.
That was a huge relief for me but not one to celebrate.

Sunderland away in the fa cup quarter final (2012?) stands out for me as a real 'everton' performance. Hard working, good football, incredible support and resulted in a last minute defeat to liverpool. Basically our 138 year history encapsulated in 90 minutes.

Southampton 0 Everton 3 - last season.

Not even joking either. I honestly thought after the previous 2 seasons (the ogs and the battering) that 3-0 to us would never happen. But the weather was boss. The people were boss. Highway to the Dangerzone played at half time as well as this:

So good. Sundays going to crap innit?

Oh but probably the Fiorentina game really.

A game I couldn't even get into and watched it from a tree in Stanley Park. When I say watched it, because the Park End was getting built the only view was between the Bullens stand corner and a porti cabin. All you could see what the street end goal and about 4 yards either side.

Felt like hundreds of fans were all hanging in the trees and on a little Hill mound. I could see loads of fans underneath a small gap of the porti cabin. Radio updates, 2-0 down, going down, feeling sick, worst nightmare coming true.

Stuart with balls of steel, street end erupts from what I see so I know he's scored down at the Park End. 2nd half, seeing Hornes shot smash into the top corner, bedlam. I mean serious bedlam, I'm sure a fair few fell from trees. 3rd goal goes in and it's just like a dream.

I legged it around to the family enclosure exit gate just before the final whistle and at full time managed to get on the pitch with the other few thousand fellow Blues who felt compelled to be on the pitch.

Horrible to see Everton in that situation. It's my greatest worst Everton memory, one we endured again a couple of seasons later ( Coventry at home ) but that Wimbledon game 2-0 down, I thought we were definitely down.

COYB!!!

But if an odd choice but United 4-3 at Goodison.

Yes we lost the game. was a bit chappy how we lost as well.

But for sheer emotion and excitement it was brilliant. Rooney coming on at half time and scaring the hell out of silvestre, coming back from game over and having that belief big Duncan was going to win us the game . The momentum in the crowd as each goal went in, 40 000 blues genuinely believing we were going to do it.

There might be better games witnessed over the years but for just that 45 minutes of it all, probably one of the best I have experienced and understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.