Votes: 72 54.5%
  • Gana with McCarthy

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Clev on cheese

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he can play there, he is totally ineffective and an absolute defensive liability, but he can play there. We'd get mullered if he was part of a central midfield duo though, he isn't good enough.

I meant as in playing in a 3 yeh. Let him learn the role a bit more but have an insurance policy of Gueye + one other (preferably a dominating central midfielder who can add that extra bit of quality).

Don't trust him in a two.

In a central midfield two? I doubt it. He was anonymous in a midfield three against the crappest team in the league.
Not advocating a midfield 2 at the moment, but if we signed a decent 10 I think he'd do all right dripping back next to Gana. He's also done pretty well there before. Recall the Liverpool home match a couple years back.

Gueye and Barkley won't work as a pairing in my view as Gueye will press and get caught ahead of play, and Barkley doesn't have the positional awareness to sit and anchor the midfield. So it would be simple for tea,s to get in behind the midfield. That's why Barry and Gueye works as a partnership - Barry will sit and give Gueye the freedom to press and chase the ball knowing that there is someone behind him with the experience to know when to sit in and protect the defence.

Not advocating a midfield 2 at the moment, but if we signed a decent 10 I think he'd do all right dripping back next to Gana. He's also done pretty well there before. Recall the Liverpool home match a couple years back.

I completely disagree. Barkley is a liability from a defensive perspective, and he's mostly ineffectual from an attacking perspective. I predict that you will still be citing that crazy home game against Liverpool as 'evidence' that he is capable of being a decent CM for a very long time. The lad is nowhere near good enough to play CM, and he's hardly setting the world alight in the second striker role.

gana and TOM DAVIES. 2 bags of energy, we will need to secure an Attack minded midfielder to play infront of them to link up the play. Mata seems happy at United, so he aint moving anywhere, sigurrdson is gettable and proven. i'd go all out for him. wish we could prize ericsson from spurs but doubt that would be possible.

I completely disagree. Barkley is a liability from a defensive perspective, and he's mostly ineffectual from an attacking perspective. I predict that you will still be citing that crazy home game against Liverpool as 'evidence' that he is capable of being a decent CM for a very long time. The lad is nowhere near good enough to play CM, and he's hardly setting the world alight in the second striker role.
Do you think we need 2 DMs against the likes of Swansea and Sunderland at home? Let's say we sign a player who turns out to be a top #10. What do you do with Ross? Ship him out? Play him wide?

Do you think we need 2 DMs against the likes of Swansea and Sunderland at home? Let's say we sign a player who turns out to be a top #10. What do you do with Ross? Ship him out? Play him wide?

Are you really asking me what we should do with Ross in the event that we purchase players who are better than him? If he isn't good enough, then he shouldn't get a game, end of.

We only have two central midfielders worth talking about (Gana and Barry) both of which are defensively orientated. The rest are just pure pony, and they don't offer anything from an attacking perspective that would be worthy of the defensive liability that they would pose.

The conclusion is that we need new players who are far better than the crap we have now. Without an influx of new quality players, we will remain in midtable and slump towards the bottom half.

Are you really asking me what we should do with Ross in the event that we purchase players who are better than him? If he isn't good enough, then he shouldn't get a game, end of.

We only have two central midfielders worth talking about (Gana and Barry) both of which are defensively orientated. The rest are just pure pony, and they don't offer anything from an attacking perspective that would be worthy of the defensive liability that they would pose.

The conclusion is that we need new players who are far better than the crap we have now. Without an influx of new quality players, we will remain in midtable and slump towards the bottom half.
What I'm sayin is I don't see an issue playing a true AM and Barkley in the same team at home against crap teams. Gana should be enough cover in those games without having to play someone directly next to him.

Barry first choice every time, definitely for this season. Gana likes to push forward a bit now and the reason he can run around tackling people all over the pitch is because he has Barry there, no one else would be as disciplined as Barry. If you look at when our defence are under pressure, and even other midfielders they give it to Barry knowing he can get them out of trouble and keep a calm head.

Status
Not open for further replies.