Everton v Crystal Palace. 30 Sep at 2000.

How long did your Christmas selection boxes last?

• Boxing Day

Votes: 73 41.5%
  • New Year

Votes: 58 33.0%
  • Back to school

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • March

Votes: 32 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we were OK in the first half nothing particularly fantastic. Palace sat back but we struggled to open them up. Cracking free kick from lukaku.

Second half they had to come at us and they seemed to cause us a lot more problems than we did them. We defended well but against Palace, under the lights with half an hour to go, we shouldn't be hanging on like that. We were really struggling to get out of our half against palace.

Going forward, we had no belief that we could score. Constant diagonal passes at head height that were absolutely food and drink for Palace's tall centre backs. Whenever we tried to play it in front of lukaku the pass was always over/ under hit.

There were many things to dislike about Bobby. But we could really worry teams with our attacking play. Defensively crap, decent going forward. We shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Some Evertonians want us to be a bit more direct at times. Nothing wrong with that. But that second half attacking performance was predictable, 90s, tactless. Get the ball out wide and cross it in quickly.

1 goal in four and a half hours against Norwich, Bournemouth and Palace is just very very poor.

Birthday yesterday, managed to wangle some mates together for two days of fun. Despite work issues. had a great day. Then I talk them all in to watching the Mighty Blues batter palace. Even the two RS' ended up being game for that. Fickle bunch you understand. So today continued at a hectic, but pretty normal, pace for me/us. Was building to a crescendo. The crowning glory on two whole days of (heterosexual, in case you ask) debauchery. Some of 'em can barely see straight, but that doesn't matter. It's MY two days and I've talked these bunch of johnny come latelys, despite their other allegiances, into watching us being frickin' awesome. Yannick is gonna smash his old lot. Ross is gonna get over his slump, and show how damn good I believe he is despite what all of you think, we're gonna be great. Great! Ffs Everton. I gotta tell a bunch of half soaked, non Evertonians, how they've just ruined their last two hours, by you lot NOT TURNING UP at HOME, against a team I swore up and down that we'd definitely batter. Love you still, but my patience is beginning to wear thin.

Not sure why we were launching diagonals up the pitch for our winger(s) to try and get a cross in, somewhat a new meaning to playing them at their own game, as it clearly wasn't working? Not to mention we were at home.

In the end a point is ok. But that's down to Everton playing very poorly in the second half. Mind you the first wasn't great but I felt we had much more to offer as a team.

Thought Koeman's subs were fairly odd, is this just a thing? All managers make dodgy subs regardless of the scenario? Either way the work ethic seems to be kicking in somewhat but I can't help feel Everton are losing a great deal of composure and lack of threat going forward as a result. (Edit: we are still absolutely shocking at dealing with crosses into the box)

Decent enough free kick from Lukaku, but he should've buried his other chance, would've backed us to see it through then.

Devastated it's the international break now, feel we should've capitalised more. Nevertheless, onwards Evertonians...

Birthday yesterday, managed to wangle some mates together for two days of fun. Despite work issues. had a great day. Then I talk them all in to watching the Mighty Blues batter palace. Even the two RS' ended up being game for that. Fickle bunch you understand. So today continued at a hectic, but pretty normal, pace for me/us. Was building to a crescendo. The crowning glory on two whole days of (heterosexual, in case you ask) debauchery. Some of 'em can barely see straight, but that doesn't matter. It's MY two days and I've talked these bunch of johnny come latelys, despite their other allegiances, into watching us being frickin' awesome. Yannick is gonna smash his old lot. Ross is gonna get over his slump, and show how damn good I believe he is despite what all of you think, we're gonna be great. Great! Ffs Everton. I gotta tell a bunch of half soaked, non Evertonians, how they've just ruined their last two hours, by you lot NOT TURNING UP at HOME, against a team I swore up and down that we'd definitely batter. Love you still, but my patience is beginning to wear thin.

Palace has never been an easy game for everton for years so I don't understand why you were think we would batter them

Just watching it now on on Sky1, sneaky handball from Jags on the free kick we scored from, ref might of done us a favor last night

We could, but I doubt it personally.

But regardless, its early days, we havent really played well the last few games and we are still "in the mix", as ive said, we need to limp to January and hope we are still "in the mix".

I think we will continue getting points on the board and will be in the race we are a much Beyer team already. We can only get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.