Everton v Crystal Palace. 30 Sep at 2000.

How long did your Christmas selection boxes last?

• Boxing Day

Votes: 73 41.5%
  • New Year

Votes: 58 33.0%
  • Back to school

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • March

Votes: 32 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a wee bit off topic but need to get it off my chest.
For the last 6 weeks I've been suffering from a condition called fourth cranial nerve palsy.
Basically it means one of the muscles at one of my eyes isn't working properly, meaning my eyes aren't working properly as a pair which means I've had double vision for the last 6 weeks.
Spent 2 weeks in hospital due to this and also due to the fact it was discovered that I've suffered a bleed on the brain, although this may have happened some time ago.
Have had MRI scan and 2 CT scans so far and met with neurologist and opthalmologist to try to find out what has caused my condition.
Still no closer to an answer, or a solution.
Now, I live in Glasgow and bought season tickets for my boy and me in the summer and we managed down to the Spurs game before this happened.
Had to miss the Stoke game as I was in hospital. My boy was absolutely gutted that he missed the game. Until things improve I can't drive.
This condition could last for up to 6 months before I get an operation to fix things.
Thankfully my wife is an absolute gem. She drove us down to the Middlesbrough game and killed time with my youngest son until we left the ground. I wasn't able to enjoy the game as much as I usually do but was just glad to be there.
She's bringing us down again tomorrow but this time I've managed to get tickets for her and my other boy not too far from us in the main stand.
My youngest, who is 12, has no interest in football. At least he had no interest until he came down to the last game. He's now getting a taste for the game and has been absolutely buzzing since I told him I'd bought him a ticket for the match and he's talked about nothing else all week.
We'll take them out of school a wee bit earlier tomorrow ( dentist appointments will probably sort that ) and we'll head down to savour the fan zone before the game. Seat booked in the Hot Wok for 6 o'clock as we'll have no time for lunch.
Anyhow, really looking forward to our visit to Goodison as we absolutely love the place and the people and hoping for a much needed 3 points.
Just a pity that I'll struggle to see the game properly.

....brilliant that you are trying to at least keep some normality in your kids lives and equally brilliant that your missus is providing support when you most need it. It's what a family is all about. You can look back on the difficult days with pride when those two fine children of yours grow up.

(Sky Sports pregame feature)

Rachel Riley: Do you remember the FA Cup final... when Palace went ahead...
Alan Pardew: Yes...
Rachel: And you did your dance on the touchline...

CD-02s.gif

Alan: Yes...
Rachel: And then you didn't win the game...
Alan (sadly): Well, sometimes the --
Rachel: And United was so unimpressed with winning that we sacked our manager anyway...
Alan (defeated): Yes...

(Rachel laughs at him for the next 3 1/2 minutes as Alan is left visibly fuming)

Rachel (through a final burst of giggles): You're such a tit!

FIN

....I wonder if he ever handed over the Mars Bar.

....brilliant that you are trying to at least keep some normality in your kids lives and equally brilliant that your missus is providing support when you most need it. It's what a family is all about. You can look back on the difficult days with pride when those two fine children of yours grow up.
WASAWELDER :If there's any good luck going around mate, you deserve it! Could do with your post on the dressing-room wall to liven-up
some of our players.

Going tonight with my little boy, too late for my little girl (bloody Friday night games!) Can see us beating Palace 2-0, hopefully with Bolasie grabbing one for us.
Gonna get the ground early and try and have a few cheeky ones as its a Friday night!!

Season feels dead weird at the minute because despite our decent start the likes of Ross/Mirallas/Del have largely been poor. Not sure what it'll take for them to click into gear and cause some damage.

Play like we did against Bournemouth we lose, improve and we win. Can see this being a draw unfortunately. Over to you Everton.

Season feels dead weird at the minute because despite our decent start the likes of Ross/Mirallas/Del have largely been poor. Not sure what it'll take for them to click into gear and cause some damage.

Play like we did against Bournemouth we lose, improve and we win. Can see this being a draw unfortunately. Over to you Everton.

...interesting RK has come out and said his players are having trouble playing his 'energetic style of football'.

Honestly this is already a huge game.

A win and we can still say we have had a great start and are well set to push on until we can strengthen in January.

Defeat, I fear, will mean we have not capitalised fully on a kind start. It's vital we maintain strong home form to keep the crowd on side and take the pressure off when we play away.

We need to be beating these teams and blowing them away early doors. No slow start tonight please Toffs and a 3-0 win.

For the last 6 weeks I've been suffering from a condition called fourth cranial nerve palsy.
Basically it means one of the muscles at one of my eyes isn't working properly, meaning my eyes aren't working properly as a pair which means I've had double vision for the last 6 weeks.
Spent 2 weeks in hospital due to this and also due to the fact it was discovered that I've suffered a bleed on the brain, although this may have happened some time ago.
Have had MRI scan and 2 CT scans so far and met with neurologist and opthalmologist to try to find out what has caused my condition.
Now, I live in Glasgow and bought season tickets for my boy and me in the summer and we managed down to the Spurs game before this happened.
Had to miss the Stoke game as I was in hospital. My boy was absolutely gutted that he missed the game. Until things improve I can't drive.
This condition could last for up to 6 months before I get an operation to fix things.
Thankfully my wife is an absolute gem. She drove us down to the Middlesbrough game and killed time with my youngest son until we left the ground. I wasn't able to enjoy the game as much as I usually do but was just glad to be there.
She's bringing us down again tomorrow but this time I've managed to get tickets for her and my other boy not too far from us in the main stand.
My youngest, who is 12, has no interest in football. At least he had no interest until he came down to the last game. He's now getting a taste for the game and has been absolutely buzzing since I told him I'd bought him a ticket for the match and he's talked about nothing else all week.
We'll take them out of school a wee bit earlier tomorrow ( dentist appointments will probably sort that ) and we'll head down to savour the fan zone before the game. Seat booked in the Hot Wok for 6 o'clock as we'll have no time for lunch.
Anyhow, really looking forward to our visit to Goodison as we absolutely love the place and the people and hoping for a much needed 3 points.
Really good luck to you mate. I hope your condition improves and your Op sorts you out. Your family sound absolutely top.
Only thing is ...your 12 year old might become a Palace fan after tonight.....just saying.... Seriously, good luck to you all.

Drive safe fella, good on yer missus and hope you all get to see the Blues get back to winning ways :D

Hope you get that sorted mate. Enjoy the game and safe trip.

All games are important, for different reasons, but tonight will be a good indicator of where we are now that the dust has settled on the new season. We really have to be beating Palace at home, end of, though I think they bought well in the summer, and it will be another difficult game.

I will always accept a win of any sort, but it would be nice to do it with a few goals and a clean sheet. The slow tempo of the Martinez era is still very much a feature and is not something that will change overnight, but we need to see progression game by game. We still haven't particularly put a real performance together over 70-90 minutes, despite decent results, and therein lies the challenge for this side.

We have to get through to January with visible progress being made and in or around the fringes of Europe, before we can re-assess.

Good luck mate. Sounds like you have a very caring and supportive family which is an absolute boon in challenging times and the months will pass by soon enough, so you can get this sorted and get back to living a full life.

Status
Not open for further replies.