GrandOldTeam TV Who Is YOUR Favourite Foreign Born Everton Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Cahill, followed by John Heitinga, followed by Arteta.

Timmy cuz he was always up for it, against anyone and anything, would run through a brick wall for the club (or punch it down!). Top Evertonian, and when people say 'he gets/got Everton' - a prime example of this.

Heitinga because he was a favourite of mine in Ajax, I was excited to see him play for Atletico for a bit, then on deadline day (IIRC, I barely had any internet at that time cuz I was on holiday) we signed him out of the blue and I was well chuffed. Took him some time to get going, but on his day was an amazing player. Ruined a lot by favouritism though, sadly.

Arteta because he was just an amazingly technically gifted player. That time before his injury he was unplayable for most the season, just never did the wrong thing.

Obviously Besic too, the football God. If only he wasn't made of glass.

A bit too young to appreciate Kanchelskis sadly.

Tim Cahill, followed by John Heitinga, followed by Arteta.

Timmy cuz he was always up for it, against anyone and anything, would run through a brick wall for the club (or punch it down!). Top Evertonian, and when people say 'he gets/got Everton' - a prime example of this.

Heitinga because he was a favourite of mine in Ajax, I was excited to see him play for Atletico for a bit, then on deadline day (IIRC, I barely had any internet at that time cuz I was on holiday) we signed him out of the blue and I was well chuffed. Took him some time to get going, but on his day was an amazing player. Ruined a lot by favouritism though, sadly.

Arteta because he was just an amazingly technically gifted player. That time before his injury he was unplayable for most the season, just never did the wrong thing.

Obviously Besic too, the football God. If only he wasn't made of glass.

A bit too young to appreciate Kanchelskis sadly.

He was just a kick and run merchant, gets far too much credit for me.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Loved Tommy Grav me, watching him charge around with his barrel chest giving his all with Carsley in the middle of the park, great combination. Then getting the most random transfer when he left for the galacticos to play with zidane

Anders limpar - had a picture with him outside after a Spurs away game. Lovely guy.
More recent times - arteta. Only really genuine class player we had back then. When he was missing from the starting eleven it was always a, oh crap! Moment.

Has to be Cahill for me. Would never give anything less than 100% for the shirt. Sure, not as naturally gifted as the likes of Kanchelskis or Arteta but more than made up for it with grit, determination and plenty of trademark headed goals.

Tim Cahill for me too.

Like many Evertonians of a certain age him and Dunc are my favourite blues of all time.

Shout out to Landon Donovan as well, still wish we'd managed to sign him permanently!

Bakayoko. Thought we signed the best player in the world when we got him because you could win anything with him in your champ manager team... The impressions ended shortly after seeing him play though...

Looking through the premiership years Cahill stands out in my eyes. Represented Everton dna. Loved the club, gave his best, and on his day could turn any game into a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.