Who let Everton/Koeman down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Moving from 11th to 9th is not a similar barometer to moving from 8th to 6th. The top 6 is a lot more competitive and difficult to get into. 11th/9th is much of a muchness midtable mediocrity.

2. You say "you would consider a 2 place improvement unacceptable" and then go onto say "any lower than 6th and I think he's failed". So, in other words, you would consider a 2 place improvement unacceptable as well - what is your point?

3. You've previously said you think Koeman will fail, but you accept that 6th place wold be a good finish. He finished 6th with far fewer resources at Southampton, so surely he is capable of that with us?

I think we will finish 10-15th...due to Koeman.

We then signed Bolasie.

After signing Bolasie, Koeman said;

On Friday

This is the clubs manager, and majority shareholder openly admitting they need to strengthen the squad - after we signed Bolasie.

It's a fair assumption then, that the club didn't leverage the transfer window as well as they expected and that both Moshiri and Koeman will be a tad annoyed this morning. Koeman admitted himself he'd be disappointed.

So, how do Everton learn from it? Who at Everton is responsible for our transfer shenanigans?

Moshiri tells us it's Kenwright, with support from himself, Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman.

Since Moshiri come in, with the exception of Alexander Ryazantsev joining the board who has no experience in football - he's kept faith with the existing regime. He promoted Elstone and Barrett-Baxendale to the board. Does Moshiri now have a mandate for change?

"If a player doesn't want to join, what can we do?"
"If a bigger club comes in and takes our transfers, what can we do?"

Appreciate these views, but for me - that is part of the process. Competition/scoping out players who will come and navigating the minefield and murky world of football agents.

Too many times does it seem we've been made a patsy. Forget Sissoko. That was a last minute, panic. I'm not convinced we should be throwing that type of money at a player who the clubs manager wouldn't have had the opportunity to even meet face to face. That failing is just one of many.

So then, I'll wrap up with.

• Who is to blame for Koeman being left - in his own words - "disappointed"
  • Should Moshiri be making changes to the transfer way of working at Everton?
Anyone up for a witch hunt?

Heck there is some inane waffle on here at times, can you imagine have discussions with some of these people at work, must makes your ears bleed....

Can't raise a teams profile overnight, reckon we'll see a couple of signings in January. Some of our higher profile targets might be more willing to join us if we're doing well by Christmas.

Patience blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.