Who let Everton/Koeman down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give your heads a wobble folks and let's move on January is just around the corner.
Yes some of us are disappointed some of us are fine other sit lurking but no need to rip chunks out of each other.
What's done is done.

I think it's all our fault. Everybody involved. From Moshiri down right through to the fans.

I think the only solution is to close the club and give our place in the league to a Celebrity XI voted for by the public on Twitter.

I don't think anybody can disagree with this. Make it so.

The lack of real money is to blame. So the onus of not actually having real money to spend falls on the owner(s). The rest was just hype.

It was ever thus.

We then signed Bolasie.

After signing Bolasie, Koeman said;

On Friday

This is the clubs manager, and majority shareholder openly admitting they need to strengthen the squad - after we signed Bolasie.

It's a fair assumption then, that the club didn't leverage the transfer window as well as they expected and that both Moshiri and Koeman will be a tad annoyed this morning. Koeman admitted himself he'd be disappointed.

So, how do Everton learn from it? Who at Everton is responsible for our transfer shenanigans?

Moshiri tells us it's Kenwright, with support from himself, Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman.

Since Moshiri come in, with the exception of Alexander Ryazantsev joining the board who has no experience in football - he's kept faith with the existing regime. He promoted Elstone and Barrett-Baxendale to the board. Does Moshiri now have a mandate for change?

"If a player doesn't want to join, what can we do?"
"If a bigger club comes in and takes our transfers, what can we do?"

Appreciate these views, but for me - that is part of the process. Competition/scoping out players who will come and navigating the minefield and murky world of football agents.

Too many times does it seem we've been made a patsy. Forget Sissoko. That was a last minute, panic. I'm not convinced we should be throwing that type of money at a player who the clubs manager wouldn't have had the opportunity to even meet face to face. That failing is just one of many.

So then, I'll wrap up with.

• Who is to blame for Koeman being left - in his own words - "disappointed"
  • Should Moshiri be making changes to the transfer way of working at Everton?

Whoever was in charge of contacting clubs/players/agents and whoever was in charge of negotiating transfer fees & contracts.

Maybe it's the same person, maybe it's a group of people with shared responsibility.

It's as simple as that.

Moshiri will know who is to blame and if he is serious about making Everton successful again, then he will act accordingly.

Rome wasn't built in a day and nor will EFC be rebuilt in figurative-like timeframe.
The multitude of instant gratification seeking bed-wetters soiling the forum presently, might exalt in 'told you so' exoneration...but I care less for their superficial and shallow admonitions.
Anybody who has conducted a work-out of a compromised business (and EFC after a generation is just that), will tell you what this post's opening 6 words just did.

You have to remember that while Moshiri is the single majority shareholder, Blue Bill and his band of merry [Poor language removed] heads still own 51% of the club. They do still technically own the club when put together. Until Moshiri has control over the club, nothing will change, there won't be a "new dawn". I am confident that will happen soon however. But as we speak now, Everton still operates the same as it has for the past 15 years. Of which you've spent a large portion of slating the board.
Doesn't fit the bill mate. As we've been told umpteen times, his 49% is effective control. ALL major decisions here for 6 months have been his.

No hiding place.

A term/job description that will forever irk me. Where else have they worked with any degree of (sustained) success in this country?

Walsh is nothing more than a scout. He won't find us a Coleman.
Agree 100%. It's a chief scout role. If the mugs want to pay a chief scout superstar money then more fool them.

Give your heads a wobble folks and let's move on January is just around the corner.
Yes some of us are disappointed some of us are fine other sit lurking but no need to rip chunks out of each other.
What's done is done.
This is the reason we are were we are.

Its not good enough mate, we are 2nd rate, even 3rd rate.

What's done is done is true, but it can't happen again, someone needs to go.
I can just imagine one or two in Goodison saying the same thing, 'fcuk it, lets move on to January'.

This is Everton we're talking about.

Wow you've made a quick turnaround to being a Kenwright apologist, wasn't expecting that. Does it have anything to do with him being the only board member backing that absolute nipple of a manager we just got shut of who took us from 5th to 13th in 2 years?
How is calling Kenwright's time here a disgrace making me a Kenwright apologist?

Consistency is required here: if this was on Kenwright's watch the Walton Luftwaffe would have been taking to the skies for a dawn raid this morning.

What is Walsh's role? I know his title is Director of Football. Is he just really "Head Scout" or is he responsible for negotiating transfer fees and getting the player signed up too?
Also on a side note, it appears Everton washed any mention of Koeman spending his Tuesday golfing from the official site.

This is the reason we are were we are.

Its not good enough mate, we are 2nd rate, even 3rd rate.

What's done is done is true, but it can't happen again, someone needs to go.
I can just imagine one or two in Goodison saying the same thing, 'fcuk it, lets move on to January'.

This is Everton we're talking about.

Have a little faith in our current squad or did you forget about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.