Maarten Stekelenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
That save from Janssen was genuinely world class. remember Schmeichel saving one like that from Don Hutchinson.

Never realised he was so tall either. Definite asset. Also never knew he was a world cup finalist. Seems like we've got a proper bargain here.

Didn't occur to me at the time but it looks like Koeman really doesn't rate Robles.

If we don't sign a top class keeper, Stekelenburg really could be our new #1

I know it has only been one game, but I thought he was very impressive in pre-season as well. Seems to really want to fight to be our No. 1, regardless if he is or not, I feel confident with him.

That save from Janssen was genuinely world class. remember Schmeichel saving one like that from Don Hutchinson.

Never realised he was so tall either. Definite asset. Also never knew he was a world cup finalist. Seems like we've got a proper bargain here.

Remember big nev doing one very similar to the second save as well way back, at 33 his reflexes are still to notch.

Didn't occur to me at the time but it looks like Koeman really doesn't rate Robles.

Yeah, Koeman said in a recent press conference "I want 2 good players for every position" and then when asked about the goalkeeper position he said "I want 3 good goalkeepers".

I think that is code for - ideally we want a new #1, with Stek as number 2, Robles may need to find a new club if he wants game time.

I supported Joel as I think he did a good job all things considered.

That said given that we're still looking for another keeper, it's clear Joel is third choice now and I can't argue. I think he needs to move on as Stek, though it's early days, looks a cut above him and has bags of experience too.

Hmmmm, not so sure If we haven't got that quality keeper we all wanted already with this lad now, 2 games - 2 ppoints winning saves during them already, is Hart going to do better if he keeps this form up?

Status
Not open for further replies.