Maarten Stekelenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Koeman is focusing in solidity and building foundations, then a keeper is the corner stone of that.

He knows Forster was a necessity at SouthAmptin which is why Stekelnburg was number two there.

Number two there but number one here?
If he makes saves like that that will do me why waste money!
Even on high wages for that waste of space!

If he makes saves like that that will do me why waste money!
Even on high wages for that waste of space!
He's a stand in GK Joey.

As said before, why do we get hoodwinked as fans into accepting mediocrity. He made a few saves today and now all the reasoning of the past that we have to secure top quality and pay for it goes out the window.

Short term madness IMO.

He's a stand in GK Joey.

As said before, why do we get hoodwinked as fans into accepting mediocrity. He made a few saves today and now all the reasoning of the past that we have to secure top quality and pay for it goes out the window.

Short term madness IMO.
Well Joe Hart is not worth the money being quoted he's gash anyway dropped today rightly so after his Euro exploits!

As said before, why do we get hoodwinked as fans into accepting mediocrity.

Leicester won a title with a keeper no better. Palace got to a cup final with a worse keeper. Because he didn't cost £millions he's 'mediocrity' is he? Behave yerself. Especially when you see what REAL mediocrity's being bought & sold for these days.

It's glaringly obvious you actually want this fella to fail, but at least try to have a little faith, eh?

So what's the deal with this guy?

A Dutch mate of mine, who's an Ajax ST holder & who's opinion I respect, said "you've got the 2nd best ever Dutch keeper there".

So why was he a Fulham reserve?

Have to say seeing him close up today, I'm a LOT less concerned about our keeper situation.

I'd rather take time & sign top class. No point rushing. Is Joe Hart any better?

He wasn't.

He's not the full-term solution but not displeased if don't bring another in yet. I know it's one performance but looking back over his career he's had a solid career before Fulham and the loans around halted that.

Status
Not open for further replies.