Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you stick your hand in your pocket you can contribute to GOT's server costs too.

But back on topic please instead of continually attacking the poster rather than the topic.

Its outrageous that Tony - millionaire - Hibbert can consider he's been badly treated by Everton.

He was injury prone towards the end and the club could of easily cut him off three or four years ago.
You spend a lot of time complaining that people don't treat you courteously yet you seem ironically unsympathetic to Hibbert's similar complaint.

Manner matter Bizzarro, irrespective of your paycheck (although admittedly it helps soothe the wounds)

You spend a lot of time complaining that people don't treat you courteously yet you seem ironically unsympathetic to Hibbert's similar complaint.

Manner matter Bizzarro, irrespective of your paycheck (although admittedly it helps sooth the wounds)

We're talking about Tony Hibbert here though as in the thread title.

Plus I've not been in the Daily Mail complaining ... so there is no comparison whatsoever.

We're talking about Tony Hibbert here though as in the thread title.

Plus I've not been in the Daily Mail complaining ... so there is no comparison whatsoever.
Why would the Daily Mail be interested in either of our complaints even if we went to them?

Hibbert just has a larger platform to express his displeasure that he was not treated with respect, a topic that has seemed close to your heart.

If your contract was terminated in a similar manner can you honestly say you wouldn't have been upset about it? Perhaps not writing to the Mail upset, but you seem to have no empathy at all about his annoyance.

Should he of been told in person?

Yes, anyone suggesting otherwise is mental. It's common courtesy and would of taken a 10 minute conversation.

Should he of gone to the Daily Mail with quotes like
'Since David Moyes left (in 2013), I have noticed the club hasn’t got the same feeling.'
&
‘The People’s Club, it’s no longer that. It’s a ruthless, horrible business and a lot of good people have gone. I understand a new manager wants to work a different way but it is a dog-eat-dog culture inside the club now. People are only looking out for themselves.’ ?

I would say no because it just reeks of bitterness and jealousy.

The club should have, as a matter of courtesy and respect for their loyalty, told the likes of TH, LO and SP(bit of a traitor but still) that they would be going. That way, it would've been all of them on the pitch when TH got his ovation and 'thank you for your service guys'. We all want loyalty from players e.g Stones and Lukaku, but that applies to all players bad as well as good. So, respect at least for being loyal.
Now that the polite side of me is out of the way.....I really can't feel sorry for people who are paid an absolute fortune for kicking a ball on grass.

The club should have, as a matter of courtesy and respect for their loyalty, told the likes of TH, LO and SP(bit of a traitor but still) that they would be going. That way, it would've been all of them on the pitch when TH got his ovation and 'thank you for your service guys'. We all want loyalty from players e.g Stones and Lukaku, but that applies to all players bad as well as good. So, respect at least for being loyal
Now that the polite side of me is out of the way.....I really can't feel sorry for people who are paid an absolute fortune for kicking a ball on grass.
Agree with all your post.

But I would raise the point that if the club can't treat a long standing Evertonian, with easy access to the media, in a courteous and respectful manner when letting him go what chance someone in less of a privileged position?

Seriously lads.

Hibbo got jibbed off poorly. Indeed poorly. Should have been rolled into a club ambassador / academy role muy pronto and all would be smiles.

You'd be bitter too.

Now, for all that Hibbo was when he was in the side - hard challenges, steady not flashy play, etc...baying to the Daily Mail belies that.

He's been given short shrift indeed but publicly complaining will not improve anyone's lot.

Ossie - far more outspoken of the two, conspicuously silent. Maybe because he can still latch on somewhere? Or a touch classier than Hibbo and far classier than EFC as concerns these three.

Status
Not open for further replies.