Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day

tumblr_nej6h0m3zZ1r5jojqo1_400.gif

So what if we aren't as rich as people made us out to be?

What if the majority of the money invested has gone into the club and not the team hence why we aren't signing any of these 30 and 40 million pound players?

What if the short term is now going to be smaller investment but long term benefit?
the problem in this day and age of instant information and social media we all think we have the right to know everything about everything.

if they told us the plan I think most people would be happy. its the not being told that bugs us all. but realistically - why SHOULD we be told what the clubs plans are? id love to know, but realistically I have no right to know what the board are trying to achieve. I want to know really badly still though.

id love for some kind of statement either of imminent intent or a defined long term plan that was in the public domain. I think most people would get behind either. at the moment there is nothing to get behind.

id love to see a long term plan put out there.

edit: thinking about it - that's probably Koemans job - define what he hopes to achieve this season and tell us. is he going to play youth, strengthen the squad, etc?

So what if we aren't as rich as people made us out to be?

What if the majority of the money invested has gone into the club and not the team hence why we aren't signing any of these 30 and 40 million pound players?

What if the short term is now going to be smaller investment but long term benefit?

It takes so long for us to tie up deals. Going to be August in 6 days. In May I would imagine we would be ready and our new signings are in by the end of July.

It'll be disappointing if they drop points in the opening games because everything ends up being last minute with transfers.

We're closing in on two weeks to the beginning of the season.

Our first game is against a Champions League club.

and a CL club that we drew to twice last year, plus all of our players will be back and we actually have a competent manager.

We need signings, yes, and we'll have them. Stop fretting.

It takes so long for us to tie up deals. Going to be August in 6 days. In May I would imagine we would be ready and our new signings are in by the end of July.

Does it though HK? Do you know just how long we've been in discussions with a player for?

No, nobody really does.

The only deal that has 'taken a while' has been this one with Witsel, which really can't be helped.

Deals for every club take a while. It's not just us.

Status
Not open for further replies.