Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread should be sponsered by Hallmark, hell of a lot of greeting going on.

dawson_crying.jpg

So what if we aren't as rich as people made us out to be?

What if the majority of the money invested has gone into the club and not the team hence why we aren't signing any of these 30 and 40 million pound players?

What if the short term is now going to be smaller investment but long term benefit?

How many times have we been told that there is a lot of money to spend? Martinez even said it before he went, koeman has said there is a budget, why don't people actually listen?

I think it's Stockholme Syndrome. When we first became rubbish everyone genuinely hated it and there were proper reasons for the masses to grumble and gripe. As time went on, people started to get some sort of pleasure from the complaining, finding that giving Kenwright a good bashing whenever possible was enough to get the endorphins rushing and forget that Everton are not the beautiful princess they used to be.

Now things are looking up, the club has already done things under Moshiri that we couldn't have done under the previous regime, the ground looks a definite possibility and pretty much every source in world football says we have money to spend, but...the complainers like to complain now, they enjoy it, the pleasure is no longer it trying to be great again, but rather in finding ways to paint the club in the same light it has been for the past 30 years. Even in the face of the evidence, there are some that will always prefer to be angry about what is not happening rather than entertain the fact that we might just be on the verge of something exciting.

Hahaha, don't know whats going on anymore. Don't know who where even after, and i doubt very much were gonna spend big money.

I think it is safe to say the window is not going as planned, and we are finding it very difficult to get deals over the line, hopefully something will break soon but definitely problems behind the scenes. Maybe we have set are sights to high and thought we could just throw money at them?
Not quite at we will go with what we have stage yet but I think maybe we are down to our fourth and fifth targets rather than our top ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.